Thread: BREAKING: Matsusaka going to Boston

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

BREAKING: Matsusaka going to Boston

Per ESPN. No details have been released, but the two parties are flying to Boston to finalize the deal.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I guess the Herald was correct. I wondered who gave into who, given his supposed asking price, it had to be Theo and the Sawx (not that it was a bad idea, quite the contrary if it was the rumored 11 mil per for 6 deal.)

MLB ERA
    There's no way Boras will ever give into anyone, so clearly the Sox got smart and paid him 11 mill per, a probable bargain.

MLB ERA
    Sounds like Boras didn't cave, but rather that Matsuzaka just preferred to stay, and made the choice himself to sign cheap.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...gns/index.html

6/52 is about 8.6 or so?

Winnar. I expect a clause where he can opt out after three, but still.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    I had discussed this in an earlier post that Matsuzaka would be the one to make this decision because Boras was not going to give in to his demands as we know he is well known for. Matsuzaka didn't want to have to deal with potentially being sent to the minors thus never allowing him to become a FA and test the MLB's free agent waters. Not to mention how frowned upon he would be in the Japanese culture for being considered greedy.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    I'm glad this deal finally got done, Boras has always been able to pull the "other teams want to pay this" card, but this time there werent other teams, just the Boston Redsox.

Also I personally believe Matsusaka wanted to this deal done because he sure as hell did not wana wait two years to become a FA, and also IF this deal did not go through the Redsox would have hurt there chances of getting future Japaneese players.

MLB ERA
    Man I can not belive how much money the Red Sox spen on him.