Thread: Giants want Bonds back

MLB ERA

Giants want Bonds back

Giants GM Brian Sabean said Monday that he wants Barry Bonds back and will meet with agent Jeff Borris on Wednesday.
    "I don't know where the story line came from that we didn't want him back," Sabean said. "We've had a long-standing conversation and offer out there that we've adjusted a number of times. Because we were pursuing other players didn't mean we weren't interested in Barry. We're trying to put the best team on the field and sign other people also. I guess it was misconstrued the other way." Despite Borris' claims, there appears to be little interest in Bonds elsewhere. If the Giants want him back, it's likely the two sides will work something else.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why not at this point? We signed zero power hitters and Bonds did get better in the second half. I smell another third place finish for the Giants again.

Next signing: Greg Maddux

Rookie ERA
    Bonds should stay with the Giants.