Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1050 ESPN Radio Reports....

AA ERA
    Steve Phillips is the same one that dealt Kazmir for Zambrano, enough said lol. He lost his credibility with me long ago.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    see here

He (assistant GM Forst) squelched a rumor that the Athletics and New York Mets were discussing a potential trade that would send starting pitcher Joe Blanton to the Mets for outfielder Lastings Milledge.

Forst said general manager Billy Beane has had telephone conversations with Mets GM Omar Minaya, "but there haven't been specific conversations about players. Billy has talked to Omar several times, mainly because Omar likes to make deals, but we haven't discussed any specific deals."

Asked if the A's would be reluctant to trade starting pitching, especially with the departure of left-hander Barry Zito to free agency, Forst said, "We would be open to any deal if it made sense."
    sounds like BS to me Dry.

MLB ERA
    Actually, the radio here said that the A's had countered the Harden offer with that offer, and the Mets said no...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12