Thread: Benito Santiago wants to make a comeback

MLB ERA

Benito Santiago wants to make a comeback

41-year-old Benito Santiago, who last played in the majors in May 2005, intends to attempt a comeback next season.
    Santiago signed with the Mets after being released by the Pirates in May 2005, but he didn't get called up and chose to head home in July. He announced his intentions to play in 2006 about a year ago this time, but he didn't follow through. He's currently hitting .250 through 14 games in the Puerto Rican League. "I think I can help anybody," he said. "I'm playing like I was five or six years ago. And if someone comes to see me in Puerto Rico, they'll see it, too." Beggars can't be choosers, but it sounds like Santiago would like to join the Phillies.
    Source: MLB.com
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    if Fernando Tatis can make a comeback (successful or not), then so can Benito*.

* this doesn't apply to Sammy Sosa.

AAA ERA
    someone will give him a shot. he is hitting just below his carrer avg in puerto rico right now. And if he can still play D he is a good chea option to a second Catcher