Thread: Two more relievers to the Orioles

MLB ERA

Two more relievers to the Orioles

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Today, they made two pretty good signings of Chad Bradford for 10.5 million over 3 years and Scott Williamson for 900k in 1 year, and probably incentive-laden for Williamson's.

10.5 over 3, 19 over 3, and 12 over 3 for their three big reliever signings so far, and they've now invested 13.83 million per year in those three guys.

Meanwhile, Brandon Fahey and David Newhan are in the top four of their outfield depth charts, with Nick Markakis and Corey Patterson making up the other two. Not to mention, they have no first baseman, and no infield depth. So uh... I'm thinking Angelos is kind of crazy and is going to sign every reliever he can and carry 13 pitchers, all relievers, and see how his team can do.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would of loved for the Reds to had sign Williamson to a deal like that, but in ten years I am sure I'll get my wish.

Bradford is a geat signing for the market though I think.

MLB ERA
    I didn't know Ed Wade was hired by the Orioles.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Today, they made two pretty good signings of Chad Bradford for 10.5 million over 3 years and Scott Williamson for 900k in 1 year, and probably incentive-laden for Williamson's.

10.5 over 3, 19 over 3, and 12 over 3 for their three big reliever signings so far, and they've now invested 13.83 million per year in those three guys.

Meanwhile, Brandon Fahey and David Newhan are in the top four of their outfield depth charts, with Nick Markakis and Corey Patterson making up the other two. Not to mention, they have no first baseman, and no infield depth. So uh... I'm thinking Angelos is kind of crazy and is going to sign every reliever he can and carry 13 pitchers, all relievers, and see how his team can do.
    When you had the second worst bullpen, you have to fix it. Plenty of guys out there to fill the holes.