Thread: Houston Television station reports Carlos Lee to Astros for six years

MLB ERA

Houston Television station reports Carlos Lee to Astros for six years

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...2006&fext=.jsp

The way the market's going, I'd expect about a 13-15 million per deal here. Humorously, this might wind up being a bargain in the market we've had going on. Probably another one of those deals that's too long (see: Matthews, Pierre, Soriano) where the player will fall off tremendously in the last few years of it, but it should be big for Houston next season if they can bring in another starter to go with the inevitable 22 million signing of Clemens.

MLB ERA
    ESPNews reports that it's for 100 million, meaning about 16.6 million per year.

MLB ERA
    Not bad. Nowhere near as ridiculous as Soriano, just because if he dies towards the 4th year, he won't still have another half of the contract to go...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lee "falling off" in that ballpark means going from 45+ homers to 35+ homers. Oh darn!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Lee "falling off" in that ballpark means going from 45+ homers to 35+ homers. Oh darn!
    Has he ever hit 45+ homers?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

If this report is true, then Congrats To C. Lee. I am just disappointed that he isn;t a Brewer anymore!! Oh, well. That is life!!! I just wish it wasn't the Astros! Now we will probably see Clemens for another year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    16-16.5 is about what i figured, so 16.6 is just about right on par. jd drew is gonna get 13-14 as a result.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Not bad. Nowhere near as ridiculous as Soriano, just because if he dies towards the 4th year, he won't still have another half of the contract to go...
    it may be sooner than that as he isnt very good in the field, he's slow and he's kinda fat. he really has DH written all over him.

basically, the only difference between soriano and Lee are the lengths of the deal and Lee has more physical downside that will crop up quicker than soriano's problems will.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Has he ever hit 45+ homers?
    Nope but he hasn't played in that ballpark for a whole year either. That's the point I was making.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Not only is Lee going to enjoy hitting in Houston, he will do ok in th eoutfield there. He is improving in that area of his game. He probably won't win any Gold Gloves out there, but he will do ok, especially with speedy Tavares in CF protecting him. This will allow Lee to be more aggresive knowing that a quality CF is there backing him up! I see 50+ HR's in Houston for him. He will be happier becuase he is closer to his ranch and will feel more at home and relaxed!!! I will miss him as a Brewer though!!!