Thread: Roberts, Loretta and Aurilia to Giants?

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Roberts, Loretta and Aurilia to Giants?

All three reportedly talking with the Gnats. Contra Costa Times

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants manager Bruce Bochy is hoping a few of his former players will follow him up the coast.

The club is negotiating with the agents for Mark Loretta, Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia -- three players whom Bochy has managed recently in San Diego.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I like Roberts and Loretta, but I feel that Aurilla's days as an everyday player are dwindling. He may accept the role as their utlility player, that would be a good option for a team, but I don't believe that Aurilla is ready for that role full-time as of yet in his career. I feel that he still believes in his ability and feels like he should play everyday. If Aurilla goes back to SF, I would cpmpare him to Cirillo of the Brewers. Go their and be an utility player, DH in interleague games, and pinch hit. He would also be a positive role model, a mentorif you will, for the team and help with chemistry in the clubhouse. I also heard that the Brewers were talking to Roberts also. Is that been nixed? They were going to use him in CF and lead-off. I personally think they need to get someone a little better, but for a year or two, I could live with Roberts until the youngsters are ready for key roles in the everyday lineup for the Brewers.

MLB ERA
    Well all 3 of those can plug in the missing holes we have, CF, 2B, and 3b.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good to see San Francisco still wanting to be close to the geriatric crowd.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    In a largely starting role last year Aurilia hit .300 with 23 HR's, 70 RBI with a .349 OBP and slugged .518. I think that should prove he still has a little bit left in the tank as a starter. And let's not forget that San Francisco is where he had his 37 homerun season. Of course being 35 doesn't help, but he should still be able to be a decent starter.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And how much of those stats came at the GABP?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Home: .308 BA, 13 HR, 39 RBI
    Road: .291 BA, 10 HR, 31 RBI

Clearly better at home but not so much better to say that he can't hit on the road. Besides the average being 17 points off (.291 isn't too shabby either) his production was fairly consistant. And don't forget that he also only struck out 51 times in 440 AB's.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Aurilia is a much better option at third than Feliz. Problem is if we get Roberts, Loretta and Aurilia there will zero power in this lineup. Giants need to look into trading for Vernon Wells or signing J.D. Drew to get some kind of pop.