Thread: Lee Gets $70 Million Offer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lee Gets $70 Million Offer

Free agent Carlos Lee has an offer on the table of at least $70 million for five years, an AL club official told the Houston Chronicle.
    Another major league official who has negotiated with Lee's representative also has been told that one team has put a six-year deal on the table for Lee. The Astros apparently haven't improved their original offer, which was for at least $60 million over five years. However, GM Tim Purpura did talk with Lee's agent multiple times on Tuesday. The Astros, Orioles and Phillies are believed to be the strongest suitors for Lee.
    I hope it is the Orioles just to give the AL East some more problems.

The Orioles, in tommorow's (soon to be today's) Baltimore Sun reportedly have a six year offer on the table for Lee, between $80 to $90 million, and are also reporting that Lee will make a decision possibly after Thanksgiving.

MLB ERA
    Interesting. Carlos Lee is a very good hitter, and an adequate LF, but I'm not certain he's worth this sort of contract. Then, I'm not sure Soriano is worth what the Cubs will give him over the next 6-8 years either.
    I guess that's why I'm not a GM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Low walk, sorta low strikeout guy that's never truly been the focal point of any team... but a massive deal like that suddenly shifts the spotlight on him.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Brewers? He was the focal point!