Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cu-hubs, Soriano, 8 years, $136 mil...wow

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    2) The Cubs are aggressively pursuing Cliff Floyd. RETARDS. Floyd's not going to play in enough games to justify signing him, and Murton is a very good bargain in left, and it's arguable whether or not Floyd is an upgrade at this stage in his career.
    The Cubs want him as a bench bat. They are looking for some lefty bench bats right now and going after a few SPs. So don't worry about them thinking Floyd will be a starter. From everything I heard the Cubs won't be offering him what they would a starter. If Hank White (Henry Blanco) is any indication though that could still be a lot of money for a bench player.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    and Murton has an arm that makes Damon's look like a cannon.
    So someone didn't see Murton throw out a runner on 1st from LF then did they? Because it happened. Murton has a decent arm. His defense I believe is above average and he'll get better.

MLB ERA
    There's no way they're looking after Floyd to make him a bench player - mainly because he could get a starting job on a lot of teams. I could see if they were going for a platoon situation, though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Floyd could be a starter for who exactly?

MLB ERA
    The Orioles, Twins, Athletics, and Mariners are probably all going to show some interest in bringing him in on an incentive laden deal to make him a DH if they can't find anything else, which seems likely since several of them aren't going to be spending big money.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well shit I thought you meant an actual starter, not a lousy DH.

MLB ERA
    Any team signing Floyd to even play the outfield at all is dumb at this point.

cubs iz dum

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    If the Twins got Floyd, it would really **** with my head since I always got Rondell White and Cliff Floyd confused when I was younger.

MLB ERA
    I don't see the Twins bringing Cliff Floyd into camp. They need a right handed hitter more than another lefty.
    This said, if the price is right, he wouldn't be a bad signing.
    To get back to Soriano, I really think that the Cubs will want him to play 2B for them. They could certainly use his bat and speed in the lineup from that position. His errors are mostly throwing and Lee is one of the better fielding 1B's out there, so his value could be enhanced by moving back to the infield.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123