Thread: Rotoworld and ESPNNews report that JD Drew opts out of contract

MLB ERA

Rotoworld and ESPNNews report that JD Drew opts out of contract

Huge news here as Drew's a fantastic defensive outfielder and his only injury of the past two years was a broken hand caused by a flukey HBP.

He's a great hitter and man sign him Nationals!

He was due 33 million on the rest of his contract but he should be able to match that.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bowden has already stole players that I loved, so it wouldn't be that odd. But wow, would he be the perfect fit for the Reds and their empty right-field spot. I've been a long-time Drew fan.

MLB ERA
    **** the empty right field spot. Kick Griffey's ass out of town and move Drew to center.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ken Griffey is never leaving center unless he says he wants to, which he won't, so I don't even consider that option as a part of a potential reality.

MLB ERA
    Then shoot him in the head.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I did not expect this. Maybe this frees up cash to go after Soriano. Happy trails, J.D.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What a freakin' maroon! How do you opt out of $33 million when you're J.D. Drew, the player most guaranteed to miss 30 games a season in all of baseball!!! I will laugh when he doesn't get even close to that amount of money on the free agent market.

MLB ERA
    145 games in 04, 146 in 06, 72 in 05 but he got hit with a flukey HBP to break his hand.

He's overcome the whole injury prone thing at this point, he's a fantastic defender in right or center, he'll get 10+ mil per and he won't be in a town he apparently hates doing it.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    What a freakin' maroon! How do you opt out of $33 million when you're J.D. Drew, the player most guaranteed to miss 30 games a season in all of baseball!!! I will laugh when he doesn't get even close to that amount of money on the free agent market.
    because the free agency market sucks pretty hardcore this offseason. He'll easily match that on this market.

cubs will probably sign his oftinjured ass since his injuries would fit in well here.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I'm sorry but no way does he get close to what he would have made with the Dodgers. Bad move especially for a team that made the playoffs last year. Even healthy he didn;t porduce so no way will he get $10 mil+.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I just thought I would make a prediction now that the Dodgers will get Alfonso Soriano now. $33 mil off the books and Colletti will get his man.