Thread: Byrnes to St. Louis?

Byrnes to St. Louis?

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

Personally, I think it's a pretty good trade on both sides. The A's can use a veteran player that can hit for a while until Charles Thomas is ready to get the spot. The Cards don't really need this trade but they can make something out of iit.

AA ERA
    If the Cardinals can get an opportunity to get Brynes, they should seize that opportunity. He would be a great acquistion. He and Eckstein can really make a difference with that great lineup for the Cards by being table-setters for Pujols. Paul O'Neill, who does some Yankees games for YES, was raving about him last night in the Yankees telecast. He talked about how there should be guys like Brynes on that team. He raved about Brynes's passion for the game.

I have no idea why the A's would like to get rid of him.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I have no idea why the A's would like to get rid of him.
    Because when you watch him every day it's a whole different story. For every great play there are two idiotic plays and for every HR there are 3 to 4 strikeouts where he NEVER swung at a strike.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

MLB ERA
    Reggie Sanders is the streakiest player in the game. At times he looks like an MVP, but other times you wonder why he's even in the Majors.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think it would be an interesting deal. Me being a Reds fan, I am not sure what I would want to see. Either way, I would want the Cards to get the bad hand of the deal. And so we are talking Byrnes vs. Sanders.
    This season-
    Byrnes: .203 AVG 3 HR 5 RBI 1 SB.
    Sanders: .232 AVG. 6 HR 15 RBI 1 SB.

Look like they are both struggling to hit the ball for any kind of AVG. But Sanders may have the edge in the power category. As far as defense goes and the limited that I have seen Byrnes play, I still give Byrnes the edge. I have seen him make some fantastic plays out there. Should be interesting to say the least. Good luck A's fans because I think this will bestow smiles upon your faces.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I'm a Cardinals fan, And it would be awsome to acquire a guy like Eric Byrnes!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Cards outfield needs to get younger and getting Sanders won't hurt the A's one bit. Look at the teams Sanders has been on. 4 out of the past 5 years this man has been in the playoffs. Byrnes is a balls out player which is accepted warmly in St. Louis. A's need more pop and the Cards need to get younger. I can see this as a good thing but if I'm the Cards if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I can't see this trade happening.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Of course you dont, Because Adding Byrnes to the Cardinals will hurt cincy even more HAHAHAHAHA!