Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Jones Claimed On Waivers

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

speaking of the stro's..... i havent heard any updates since the trade deadline, but how is the chemistry in their lockerroom? Just curious

AAA ERA

Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Love it how people make HUGE DEALS over something so routine.
    Yeah stop getting excited you NOOBS omg your not allowed to.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

No problem.. I agree with you about the Braves just not getting enough for him, but I still have a hunch or whatever you want to call it that Boston is going to end up with him...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    speaking of the stro's..... i havent heard any updates since the trade deadline, but how is the chemistry in their lockerroom? Just curious
    Tim Pupura (GM) talked to Lidge and Oswalt about their status with the team after the dealine, and I think everything is doing alright lockerroom-wise.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I can't imagine that a team with a lower winning % didn't put in a claim meaning Boston wouldn't win the claim...there is no way that could have happened.

edit: in fact 26 of 31 teams that could put in a waiver (not including Atlanta obviously) have a lower winning % than the Red Sox.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree with you, but I have just seen crazier things happen in the past.... And I hope he stays in Atlanta... It would just seem weird seeing A. Jones wearing another uniform..

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Yeah stop getting excited you NOOBS omg your not allowed to.
    the thing that general is saying is that its not a big deal now. This is honestly SOP. A smart team who is out of it puts any of their high money guys on the waiver wire, but nothing usually happens unless a) its an obscene contract and theyre just trying to get rid of it or b) they may actually want to trade him.

the pads got stuck with Randy Myers contract several years ago through this process.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    I was listening to ESPN radio and they said that the NL teams would get a 1st crack at Jones, than the AL team. Is that true?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    yessir... on the other side, javy lopez was available to al teams first, then nl teams.

MLB ERA
    Oh ok, cool thanks Hammer.

AA ERA
    General about your reply to my previous post... If you read carefully I have this as the first sentence in the second paragraph "Now in essence, Bobby Abreu cost a bit more financially and produced less than Jones this season." So I agreed with you, but as I know you have heard me say before, Jones will not be a Brave by the end of next season. He will either be dealt this offseason, next year at the July 31st trade deadline, or he will walk as a Free Agent. The Braves will NOT be able to resign for what he is going to ask for.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    nevermind

oh by the way, i do believe that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood would clear waivers. Wood is going to a relief role from now on anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    General about your reply to my previous post... If you read carefully I have this as the first sentence in the second paragraph "Now in essence, Bobby Abreu cost a bit more financially and produced less than Jones this season." So I agreed with you, but as I know you have heard me say before, Jones will not be a Brave by the end of next season. He will either be dealt this offseason, next year at the July 31st trade deadline, or he will walk as a Free Agent. The Braves will NOT be able to resign for what he is going to ask for.
    We're not the Royals or the Astros, we actually do resign our top players.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by msneezie31
    oh by the way, i do believe that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood would clear waivers. Wood is going to a relief role from now on anyways.
    I agree, Wood especially. I can imagine anybody being willing to take a chance on being stuck with his contract. If they did it would be real foolish, this guy may never pitch a quality inning again. Prior, I'm not so sure he would clear, but I wouldn't want my team taking on his contract. There's probably some foolish GM willing to take a chance on him though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast