Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Jones Claimed On Waivers

MLB ERA
    Red Sox. Correction, the Boston Red Sox

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Red Sox. Correction, the Boston Red Sox
    Did they claim him? Because I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if the White Sox claimed him.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

AA ERA
    If the Red Sox were the team that claimed him, the Braves might be trying to do something similar to what the Phillies did with Bobby Abreu. Take less in return but find a team with a large market that can absorb the full length of Jones' contract for the rest of this season and the next.

Now in essence, Bobby Abreu cost a bit more financially and produced less than Jones this season, but with Jones being due the 10-5 rule sometime this month, they may figure this is there best shot to trade him somewhere of their choice, yet find a team to eat his contract being that the Braves have been talking about slicing their payroll all season.

The only thing that doesnt make sense is why wouldn't they have done the trade Boston offered pre-trade deadline? At that time the Sox were offering Crisp and Hansen, maybe it had to do with the Sox wanting part of Jones' contract payed for. But, anything is a guess up to this point.

But, as many have said I doubt anything will come of this. Just thought I may throw that out there.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

You're saying it like Andruw's numbers have taken a huge dive, like Abreu's, and we just want to be rid of him.

Andruw's our best player. We aren't the Phillies, we don't just give good players away.

And just so there's no mistakes here, Andruw >>>> Abreu.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Did they claim him? Because I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if the White Sox claimed him.
    Not sure, that's just my guess. You asked which Sox team and I said the Red Sox.

MLB ERA
    ESPN.com is reporting that a club was awarded Jones on waivers Thursday. The Braves have until Saturday afternoon to either make a deal or pull Jones off waivers. If he's pulled off waivers, he can't be traded this season.
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl

I just read on the Braves fan forum on the Braves website that the Cubs claimed Jones. Anyone have prove of this?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    The Braves are in an interesting situation, will they keep Jones- the face of the team, or trade him for top prospects, more notably pitching.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it wouldn't be for top prospects as said prospects can't be on the 40 man roster IIRC and would need to clear waivers as well.

also, if for some reason the Braves took Jones off waivers and put him back on a 2nd time, he would be automatically lost to a team that won the claim the 2nd time.

see here

But when a player is placed on waivers a second time, the claim is irrevocable. Thus any claiming team owns the rights and a trade must be completed.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    it wouldn't be for top prospects as said prospects can't be on the 40 man roster IIRC and would need to clear waivers as well.

also, if for some reason the Braves took Jones off waivers and put him back on a 2nd time, he would be automatically lost to a team that won the claim the 2nd time.

see here
    Well it could be for pitching. I think that's what the Braves need most. Starting pitching and relief pitching.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

If it was the Cubs, who in the hell would Atlanta want.... Cubs arent getting rid of D. Lee. Maybe Pierre, hahahahahaha, NOT!!!!! They arent great fans in Atlanta, but they may burn down the stadium if they did that... Maybe Prior and/or Wood, seems like the Braves take a lot of ptichers and turn them around into solid pitchers. Who knows, they probable just don't want the White Sox to get him....

MLB ERA
    again, the players that would be traded would also have to clear waivers. Do you honestly believe Lee, Pierre, Prior, or Wood would clear waivers?

Rookie ERA
    it was probally to astros... as odd as that seems the astros need offense the braves need pitching

jones for owswalt

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Lee never would, but with the others I was just trying to be funny.. Cause Jones is in such a higher class that Pierre and Prior/Wood is just a comedy show in the Chicago area...

I know about the waiver trading process, I was just having a good laugh, but apparently I was the only chuckling.....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonshortstop2
    it was probally to astros... as odd as that seems the astros need offense the braves need pitching

jones for owswalt
    I dont see the Astros trading him. Supposedly they were taking offers for him and Roy wasn't to happy about that. The least thing you want to do is do it again to your player.

MLB ERA
    oh, ok...sorry, I didn't pick up on that I guess...I just don't think the Braves will be able to get enough for a deal to happen due to the process it has to go through now...assuming that they even want to deal him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast