Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soriano Going Where?

AAA ERA

Marlins Soriano Going Where?

Marlins & Red Sox have both had talks today with the Nats. So that would make 4 teams seriously interested in him. Marlins, Red Sox, Dodgers, And Angels. Where is he going?
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Something tells me the Marlins weren't quite asking about Soriano.

When you think about it, and they say that Jim Bowden's asking price is too high, what exactly is the right price tag for Soriano. He's easily one of the best 10 players in the game, offensively, and he hits for power and can run the bases extremely well. Teams still try to test his arm in the outfield, and he leads the NL if not the majors in outfield assists. If the Nationals really want to get something out of him, they'll pull the trigger, save the money, and get a couple players that can help them now AND later by being signed already.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Please...

Where are the Marlins going to find $$$ to get him or who in the heck are they going to give up... There is a team that no one thought would do anything this year, and with a nice young nucleus, I highly doubt that the Marlins are going to part with any players this year.

AAA ERA
    Well you know how the Marlins are they are a weird organization. They went and got Delgado in the offseason before. They could deal prospects for Sorri and make a serious run next season. Willis, Cabrera, Soriano, Hermida, Ramirez, Sanchez. Who knows...
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bowden ****s everyone up and signs Soriano to a 4 year deal.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers I think..

Bowden is trying to sign Soriano to a huge contract to make him even more valuable so he can ask for even more.

But what will happen is that he will sign him for more than most teams can afford and he will end up in pinstripes again. Cause $$$ means nothing to the Yankees.... Lets buy everyone's best players.... Point, see today's trade. The Yankees are taking over Abreu and Lidle's contracts...

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Well you know how the Marlins are they are a weird organization. They went and got Delgado in the offseason before. They could deal prospects for Sorri and make a serious run next season. Willis, Cabrera, Soriano, Hermida, Ramirez, Sanchez. Who knows...
    And after that Delgado signing they went and traded most of their team. No way the Marlins do this!! The Marlins wil have their hands full trying to resign Willis and Cabrera alone.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think signing Willis would be a problem. Taxi-Cab on the other hand, might continue to become more and more Manny and demand something ridiculous.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cabrera will be expecting close to Pujols type money. Willis will be expecting more than Benson money

AAA ERA
    When are there contracts up? Not till after next season I thought?

AA ERA
    From rotoworld.com:

"The Washington Post says the Angels, Astros, Twins and Marlins are currently involved in the bidding for Alfonso Soriano.

The Marlins? Florida is reportedly willing to part with young pitchers Yusmeiro Petit, Renyel Pinto and Jason Vargas to land Soriano. It would seem to be the height of foolishness on their part, but if it's a serious offer, they can't be completely discounted. The Dodgers and another team or two still could be involved as this one goes right down to the 4 p.m. EDT deadline."
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA
    Yeah I read that too Raph. Im just wondering what the Twins have to trade?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Yeah I read that too Raph. Im just wondering what the Twins have to trade?
    Tons of minor league pitching. I don't know the availability of these guys, but Garza, Slowey, Baker, etc. would look really nice to the Nats.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast