Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carlos Lee reportedly traded to Rangers

MLB ERA
    How so?

The Brewers give their All-Star OF/RBI guy in return for a washed up RP, a modest RF guy, and a minor leaguer who doesn't have good numbers in the majors.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    How so?

The Brewers give their All-Star OF/RBI guy in return for a washed up RP, a modest RF guy, and a minor leaguer who doesn't have good numbers in the majors.
    How is Cordero washed up? He's not old, just 31, and has been one of baseball's top setup men since he took over the roll in May.
    I guess I'll have to quote myself here.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Cordero needs to get back to his old form. Here are his stats from May 1st through July 22nd.

36 GP, 4-2, 36.2 IP, 29 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 11 BB, 42 K's, 3 Saves, 1.96 ERA

A 1.96 ERA!!!
    How much more on track does the guy need to be?

Even with his bad game against the Yankees where he gave up 4 runs his ERA over the last 3 months would still only be 2.87.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Why respond when my boy Molina did the dirty work for me?

El Gordo will wear down and becoming injured. Count on it.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Francisco Cordero got one out with runners on the corners in a one-run game to pick up a save Sunday against the Reds.
    Before getting pulled, Derrick Turnbow retired two batters while allowing a solo homer and walking two. Cordero was worked in all three games since he was acquired from the Rangers, allowing one hit and one walk in 2 1/3 scoreless innings. Since he's pitching better than any other reliever on the roster, he might now become the favorite for saves in Milwaukee.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Since he's pitching better than any other reliever on the roster, he might now become the favorite for saves in Milwaukee.
    SWEET!
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Francisco Cordero got one out with runners on the corners in a one-run game to pick up a save Sunday against the Reds.
    Before getting pulled, Derrick Turnbow retired two batters while allowing a solo homer and walking two. Cordero was worked in all three games since he was acquired from the Rangers, allowing one hit and one walk in 2 1/3 scoreless innings. Since he's pitching better than any other reliever on the roster, he might now become the favorite for saves in Milwaukee.
    That would be great. I would love to see him back as a closer. He definately wasn't going to be getting his job back in Texas with the way Aki has pitched this year so maybe he'll get another shot in Milwaukee.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Broswing through this Thread

I can tell you one thing, the Brewers are NOT going to be trading Weeks...

He has a good bat, good speed, only 2 errors since June 1, and there is still talk of possibly moving him to CF. Yount and Svuem have worked EXTREMELY hard with Weeks on his defense, and it is starting to pay dividens. Remember this is only Weeks second year in the bigs, and his first true year. He was a call up after the Brewers traded Spivey for Ohka (another trade that seems like it is in the Brewers favor) last year..

As a Brewer fan, my realisitc goal for them was just to contend and get a taste of the playoff hunt. As a young club, that is huge and a great motivator to build on for years to come. I get frustrated a lot as a fan, but after throwing a temper tantrum, I realize the future is VERY bright in Milwaukee.

GO BREWERS!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Oh yeah, I forgot, I agree with everyone that we are NOT going to get anything for Kolb other than HEADACHES!!!! I can't believe the brewers re-traded for him in the first place after his "awesome"--(NOT, just kidding) year in Atlanta in 2005!

AAA ERA
    Well the last 2 games for the Brewers have been great I must say. Mench showed up late Friday night at the game but I think they should have put him in just by reading his stats. We had 2 men on and I think it was 2 outs...I really think he could have gave us the win that night. Turnbow did his job Saturday and Sunday even though he gave up the homer to a player I despise LoL...He's back on track. Cordero saved us a heartattack yesterday...Glad he could end it on a good note. So far this isn't bad after all.

I just have a feeling Corey Koskie may be gone only because I really don't think they'd get rid of Cirillo and now they have Bell on 3rd...With Koskie being out 3-4 more weeks..it's hard to say...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123