Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Lee reportedly traded to Rangers

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by eLCaBio BLoNdiE
    Wow I do not like this one bit. I have never heard of any of the players we are getting and we got rid of our best home run hitter for no reason. We picked up a relief pitcher when we still have Turnbow. Granted he's not doing much right now, but then why not trade him instead? We didn't need help in the Outfield and we had a lot more players to choose from that we could have traded instead of him! Dan Kolb would be one and maybe Rickie Weeks? I dunno...All I know is there will be A LOT of irrate people in Milwaukee tonight!
    I think there may be some unhappy people in Texas too. Kevin Mench is probably one of the most popular Rangers, or was. He has apparently done a lot of charity work and stuff like that and has been hitting very well lately.

Since you haven't heard of any of them I'll try to enlighten you. Mench, along with what I said above, has the potential to put up C.Lee type numbers, 30+ homeruns-100+ RBI. He is just such a streaky hitter that he hasn't put it all together yet. Cordero was probably the AL's 2nd best closer behind Mariano Rivera in 2004. He had a very good 2005, but was moved to the setup role this year where he performed very well. Nix hasn't done much but has good power potential.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Also, I doubt you'd get anything in return for a Dan Kolb.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Doug Melvin strikes again. Mench will flourish, Cordero will get his head together, and the Brewers will come out on top here. Great trade by the Brew Crew, thats for sure.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Here is something I posted elsewhere regarding Cordero:
    I don't know why everyone keeps saying Cordero needs to get back to his old form. Here are his stats from May 1st through July 22nd.

36 GP, 4-2, 36.2 IP, 29 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 11 BB, 42 K's, 3 Saves, 1.96 ERA

A 1.96 ERA!!!
    How much more on track does the guy need to be?

Even with his bad game against the Yankees where he gave up 4 runs his ERA over the last 3 months would still only be 2.87.
    It just irritates me how the guy has a bad April and everything thinks he's totally lost it or needs to get his act together. Except for the 4 runs he gave up to the Yankees in his last outing, he has been as together as he ever has been in his whole career.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    I've been less than impressed with Jon Daniels tenure in Texas so far.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003
    I've been less than impressed with Jon Daniels tenure in Texas so far.
    He has shown that he isn't afraid to make the big trades or big signings. Unfortunately a couple of the trades were either bad to begin with (Young/Gonzalez for Otsuka/Eaton) or turned out bad in the end (Soriano for Wilkerson).

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    I actually think the deal works for both teams. The Brewers traded a high level outfielder in Lee and a pretty good hitter in Cruz for a relief ace and a less expensive downgrade in the outfield.

Although the guy with 4 posts and alternating caps name has a point. Rickie Weeks sucks.

AA ERA
    I'm pumped about this deal. Laynce Nix, I love the guy, but he really hasn't done anything to prove himself. He hits the long ball but no average. Mench, again I love him, but he is so inconsitant that its hard to tell how he's going to play. I'm one of the few Cordero supporters left in Texas now and I'm pissed to see him go, but you know what? He's a releiver. They come and go. Wes Littleton looks like he's the real deal and should be moved to setup man. All this and what? We didn't move any of the DVD's. The Brewer fans should really be pissing themselves over that. No starting pitching for Lee. Haha. Plus Cruz is a top prospect. Watch out A's and A's fans. This division is ours.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Texas deals a 4.81 ERA and a guy who had a fluke couple of weeks in the homerun department for Lee? Exciting. They're still going to miss the playoffs.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I like the deal for both teams as well. I am sure that if the Rangers can sign Arod to that ridiculous contract, they can sign Lee.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nelson Cruz to me is the key to this deal. If the Rangers don't meet Lee's insane demands, he can step in and put up nice numbers in the outfield next season.

Mench's contract is up at the end of the year, Cordero has a semi-large contract(5-6 mill), Nix has really done nothing in the minors and Julian Cordero wasn't even on Baseball America's organzational depth in this year's book, which lists about 40 pitchers, whether they're in the top 30 or not.

Good deal for the Rangers. Good deal for the Brewers, as they tried to re-up Lee, and he turned it down, so they got something for him anyway.

MLB ERA
    My key is Cordero. If he gets his act together and becomes the pitcher he once was this is a steal. Mench has all the talent in the world, Nix is a competent starter, and Cordero could be a Top 5 Closer.

And the Rangers may have just gotten a one and done player. Not a good deal at all, the pressure is on for them to resign him.

AAA ERA
    Having the balls to make a deal and having the brains to make a good deal are two seperate things.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

MLB ERA
    Brewers got ripped off, big time. But nonetheless, they were going to lose Lee in the offseason anyway.

AAA ERA
    You are less than wise beyond your years, young Rufio.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast