Thread: Chicago White Sox close to acquiring Mike MacDougal. Oh, and some left fielder.

MLB ERA

Chicago White Sox close to acquiring Mike MacDougal. Oh, and some left fielder.

Alfonso Soriano is his name I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2528494

Both would be nice deals, though giving up McCarthy is kind of stupid when he can start and Javier Vazquez sucks.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    LF-Soriano
    CF-Podsednik?
    RF-Dye

pretty good OF

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Good deal if the Nats can get McCarthy and another peice.

MLB ERA
    Some other reports I'm hearing (radio + other forums) are saying it'd be McCarthy + Brian Anderson and maybe something more.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    McCarthy + Anderson + another spect would be okay I guess for the Nats. Anything less, and they're not really getting a good deal, IMO.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why do the white sox need another bat like that? Last time I checked, their problem is Buerhle, Vazquez, F.A.G., and the inability to hit a batter.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    White Sox acquired RHP Mike MacDougal from the Royals for LHP Tyler Lumsden and RHP Daniel Cortes.
    MacDougal has the potential to be the quality right-handed setup man the White Sox need, though because of his history of injuries and command issues, it can be difficult to rely on him. The 29-year-old has pitched well since returning from a shoulder injury, allowing two hits and walking none in four scoreless innings. Also, the White Sox will control him through 2009, making this more than just a rental. We like it. Jul. 24 - 5:01 pm et

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Also has problems with keeping his hat on.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Why do the white sox need another bat like that? Last time I checked, their problem is Buerhle, Vazquez, F.A.G., and the inability to hit a batter.
    This keeps Soriano away from the Tigers and Angels, two teams that could be in the playoffs. There is still time to make a move for pitching.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    White Sox GM Ken Williams said Monday that Brandon McCarthy, who is rumored to be going to the Nationals in an Alfonso Soriano deal, won't be traded.
    "I have no intention whatsoever of trading him in any sort of deal," Williams said. "He's very much a part of our future. To answer your question, Brandon is not going anywhere." Commenting on Tim Kurkjian's original report, ESPN's Keith Law said McCarthy would be a part of the deal. That no additional details have come out since the afternoon has us wondering just how "extremely close" this really is. Jul. 24 - 8:45 pm et