Thread: reefer here is the espn insider info on the whitesox and giants

AAA ERA

reefer here is the espn insider info on the whitesox and giants

Starting with Schmidt
    Jul 10 - The White Sox are in the market to upgrade their pitching, and are said to be pursuing Giants right-hander Jason Schmidt.

"Typical Kenny Williams," a club executive who had heard this talk told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark and ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. "Laying in the weeds, staying quiet and trying to make the biggest deal of them all."

It's believed the White Sox would trade young right-hander Brandon McCarthy along with center fielder Brian Anderson for Schmidt. But before making this deal, the White Sox would have to make a companion trade for a replacement center fielder.

White Sox are just trying to catch up with the Tigers, cause obviously they can't with the team they have now.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    White Sox are just trying to catch up with the Tigers, cause obviously they can't with the team they have now.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    ^^^

Anyway, Schmidt would be a welcome addition, but not at that price. I'm also hearing about deals for Andruw Jones, which leads me to believe that something here doesn't add up. As in where the hell do all the pieces to make these trades come from? Obviously one Joshua D. Fields would be on his way out. Maybe Vazquez would be shipped as well? Either way, I'm not liking the idea of shipping McCarthy. He's going to be in the rotation by next year at the latest.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes, I was well aware of plenty of teams looking to get Schmidt but what you didn't get is Sabean has repeatedly said that Schmidt will not be traded. Hell, we are trying to keep him. It's like all the bullshit Zito talk, they aren't available.