Thread: White Sox and Red Sox Swap Relievers

White Sox and Red Sox Swap Relievers

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox sent righty David Riske to the Chicago White Sox for lefty Javier Lopez in a trade of relievers Thursday.

The Red Sox bullpen had no lefties and had been struggling recently.

Lopez was 2-1 with an 0.55 ERA with 12 saves for Triple-A Charlotte this year. He was expected to be with Boston for Thursday night's finale of a three-game series at Minnesota.

Lopez appeared in 171 games with Colorado and Arizona and has a 6-4 record with a 6.09 ERA in the majors.

Riske, obtained by Boston in an offseason trade that brought center fielder Coco Crisp to the Red Sox, was 0-1 with a 3.72 ERA in eight appearances. He was on the disabled list with a lower back strain from April 12 through May 22.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

AA ERA
    Lopez is a submarine pitcher, you see this guy pitch it's amazing how crapy he's done in the bigs. It's just crap for crap.

MLB ERA
    Riske is OK.

Riske's decent, and going to a place like Chicago could help him rediscover himself. At one point, he was considered the closer of the future for Cleveland, if I recall. However, the past three years, he's had really good seasons, with ERAs of 2.89, 3.72, and 3.10.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That trade soxs.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.