Thread: [Trade Proposal] Cubs reject Tigers trade offer

[Trade Proposal] Cubs reject Tigers trade offer

USATODAY.com (On the right under "The Buzz"): Cubs reject Tigers trade offer of Urbina for pitching spect

The Cubs rejected the Tigers' offer of set-up man Ugueth Urbina for pitching prospect Angel Guzman.

I don't know where I stand on this. We are desperate of needing some relief help (cuz the only relivers I trust are Rusch, Bartosh, and Wuertz), but Urbina is not that great of a reliver, nto worthy of Angel Guzman, but then again Guzman has been hurt. The best option right now I think is to trade top prospects to get ANDY SISCO back. He's doing a great job with the Royals, and it was a mistake not to protect him over Perez, Blanco, Marcias, and open spots.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Wow, the tigers are pretty dumb for not dealing Uggy for a prospect. They aren't going to make the playoffs, and they have one of the worst farm systems in MLB.

What a statement from you. First off, Tigers tried to trade Uggy for a spect, but Cubs denied.

Your 2nd statement is such a joke, it's almost pathetic of how much you truly do not know about the Tigers farm system.

Ya, the Tigers may not go to the playoffs, but they are a young talented team who in the future will and should be in the playoffs.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I wonder if the Cubs front office are still laughing at that proposal...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I wonder if the Tigers are going to increase their demands after LaTroy's blow up today

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    No, seriously, I bet after Dombrowski called Hendry with that offer, Hendry said no and called Dombrowski back to ask if he could get 6 quarters for a dollar. That was an awful trade offer, plain and simple. At least try to make your offers respectable. I'm as frustrated as anyone with Guzman's incessant injury problems, but that doesn't give Dombrowski the right to treat the organization like a bunch of morons. Especially when he's trying to trade us Urbina, who's awful. Hawkins isn't my ideal closer, but I'll take him any day over Urbina, who had a 4.50 ERA as a closer last year and is even worse this year as a setup man.

AA ERA
    I would probably take anyone over LaTroy now. I just want Joe back . Until we get a closer this team isn't going anywhere though so we need to figure this out soon.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    did they seriously think the cubs would make that trade? i mean, really. if you thought latroy was bad closing at wrigley, what do you think urbina would do?

Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    What a statement from you. First off, Tigers tried to trade Uggy for a spect, but Cubs denied.

Your 2nd statement is such a joke, it's almost pathetic of how much you truly do not know about the Tigers farm system.

Ya, the Tigers may not go to the playoffs, but they are a young talented team who in the future will and should be in the playoffs.
    Oops, I mis-read who made the offer.

Secondly, all I'm basing the quality of the tigers farm system on is a couple seasons ago when they lost almost 120 games, I read that the Tigers has one of the worst farm systems in baseball.

Everything you read is not always true. Come on now, I thought this was a known fact amongst people. Not to mention just saying someone has the worst farm systems in baseball is based purely on opinion unless they provide facts. Which I assume they didn't, because you didn't say any facts in your statement of why the Tigers have the worst farm systems in baseball.

Losing 120 games isn't a good reason of why they have a bad farm system, yes when they lost those 120 games they had a bad ML team. Their offense wasn't doing well, which hurt their pitching, and made a horrible morale around the locker room. It was a domino effect, hence why they lost the 120 games. Do a lil bit of research on the Tigers, and you will find some very very talented kids in their system such as Curtis Granderson, Jack Hannahan, Shelton, Baugh, Henkle, etc. There are some very decent players in Tigers system and there have been some ok players to come out of the Tigers system.