Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RUMOR] Yankees to acquire Griffey; Bowden still after Reds OF Kearns

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ok he hasn't PROVEN. But when has he had the chance? And when healthy, when has he not proven?

Rookie ERA
    Kearns has also proven that he has blond hair, but thats besides for the point now or is it?

MLB ERA
    Holy! That would be awesome!!!!!!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    Holy! That would be awesome!!!!!!
    Griffey going to Yankees? Why? Because he's a big household name. Griffey is past his prime, and I don't think it would be that great of a move.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Ok he hasn't PROVEN. But when has he had the chance? And when healthy, when has he not proven?
    You are absolutely making my point for me. And when he has had a chance to play in between the injuries it hasn't been that good. This is his year to break out with him and Willy Mo battling for playing time. So far, nothing.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    You are absolutely making my point for me. And when he has had a chance to play in between the injuries it hasn't been that good. This is his year to break out with him and Willy Mo battling for playing time. So far, nothing.

He wasn't "in between" injuries in the sense you are making it seem. He was playing at a level that was far less than 100 percent.

I'm thinking he probably still is a little less than 100 percent right now.

He's shown signs of heating up lately, and I expect to see him doing it soon.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Griffey sucks as does Bernie, but at least Bernie's cheaper and not as injury-prone.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Both of them didn't always "suck", but they are definitely not as good as they used to be. I agree about the injury prone statement.

Griffey to the Yanks would be a horrible move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Griffey to the Yanks would be a horrible move.
    Not for the Reds it wouldn't. Plus, if Griffey went to the Yanks and got a ring, he may do us all a favor and go away.
    rf28

And I ask again, what would the Reds want in return? The Yankees have no farm system. The Yankees are full of big contracts.

Any trades to the Yankees is a dump job but I also see Bud Selig vetoing any charity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123