Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOR] Yankees to acquire Griffey; Bowden still after Reds OF Kearns

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    I'm high on Kearns, I have been for a couple of seasons now. But he needs to stay healthy.

He certainly does.

It is more likely that he'll be traded right now than Griffey.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    He certainly does.

It is more likely that he'll be traded right now than Griffey.
    Well hopefully he goes to a young talented team like Washington where he would get a lot of ABs.

It would be weird to see him not on the Reds.

GoYankees, I was a diehard Yankee fan in 1995-2001. Then, after we lost to Arizona, George went insane. Not a Yankee hater, read my personal title.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Well, it's just my way of telling Yankee fans that if they want to turn on the Yanks because of some wrong moves or if we start losing then go ahead. I don't question your loyalty to the Yankees. I'm glad to see another Yankee fan around here. But I'm sure you have seen, just like me those Yankee Fans that are plainly bandwagoners and they jump off the bandwagon as soon as they see a stupid move, or the Yanks not winning.

I can't see why this would go down. The Yankees again are having starting pitching issues.

It seems that the Yankees got by with people like Wells, Cone, and El Duque that were either past their prime or not all star status'. Pettite also along with Clemens for a couple of title years anchored a starting rotation that was solid in post season.

I may not have the answers but I can point in the right direction...starting pitching wins games and championships. Griff is not a pitcher and not needed.

GoYankees, I don't care if we go 0-162, or 162-0, I will stay a fan. They will lose me though if we just keep spending hundreds of millions of dollars while teams like Tampa have a payroll that's about 15% of ours.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Yankees spending hundred millions of dollars is what the Yankees do. The one thing I can't accept is that they are losing with a 200 million payroll.

AAA ERA
    yea the yanks wont get griff.....hes staying in cincy for sure

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Kearns has proven he can be a great player.

He is going to end up having a good year this year.
    He hasn't yet. He had a good rookie campaign but not a full year yet in the majors. So far he has proven nothing.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    He hasn't yet. He had a good rookie campaign but not a full year yet in the majors. So far he has proven nothing.

Well, let's put it this way:

He was projected to be a great player and has been good during his small sample size.

As I said, he has proven that he CAN be good.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Kearns has proven that he can hit the ball very hard. Kearns has proven that he can hit for a good average. Kearns has proven that he has an excellent glove in the outfield. Kearns has proven that he has a cannon that rival the greatest arms in baseball. Kearns has proven that he will do what it takes for the team. Kearns has proven to get injured only when something or someone hits him. Kearns has proven to be the Reds' best all around baseball player.

One that could challenge Randa for second place in the Reds batting championship (behind Casey). One who will have the most outfield assists on the team. One that will try and challenge Griffey and Pena for the second most home runs on the team. If there is anything about Kearns, it is that he has proven he can play baseball and play with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    yea the yanks wont get griff.....hes staying in cincy for sure
    For sure? Nothing is ever for sure. Baseball is a business, and anyone can be fired, released, traded, etc. at any time.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kearns hasn't PROVEN anything yet. I don't see how this is a debate. Yes he has a great arm but he has only shown signs of potential. He had a great rookie year and a great start to the 2003 season. After that, he hasn't PROVED anything. His numbers are weak but I know he has potential. I watched him play in high school and know what kind of player he can be. He just hasn't proved it yet.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Kearns hasn't PROVEN anything yet. I don't see how this is a debate. Yes he has a great arm but he has only shown signs of potential. He had a great rookie year and a great start to the 2003 season. After that, he hasn't PROVED anything. His numbers are weak but I know he has potential. I watched him play in high school and know what kind of player he can be. He just hasn't proved it yet.

He's proven he CAN be a good player. I don't think you're getting the semantics of the situation very well.

His career numbers based on age are way above average. (Despite struggling due to injuries recently)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    put together a full year of competitive baseball is PROVING something, not just showing signs of brilliance here and there. Big diffference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast