Thread: Mike Davis

AAA ERA

Mike Davis

hey i was wondering if someone could possibly make me a Mike Davis sig. It would be great if it could have a picture of mike with maybe the IU student section in the background...maybe it could say " give him a chance".

thanks guys!

MLB ERA

AAA ERA
    hey sweetness man!!!

thanks alot..

Give him a chance? Indiana will be better without him. It would've been hard for any coach to replace Knight. It'll be a lot easier for a coach to replace Mike Davis. Plus, Steve Alford would be the best guy for the job. He's done great with Iowa this year.

AAA ERA
    yea..but while davis is leaving so are vaden, white, ratliff, and maybe wilmont....+ the hoosiers top recruit has bailed on them now....so i dont see how that can be better for the program.

Well, what Indiana needs is a coach to resurrect them. Mike Davis is nothing special in the midwest. He's more of a southern guy (That's why I expect him to be considered for the Missouri job). Indiana is in probably one of the strongest divisions in all of NCAA. For Indiana to ever return to being a top tier team like they were with Knight, they need somebody who can recruit Indiana and bring in top recruits. Something Mike Davis never did (Ex: Oden and Sean May).

AAA ERA
    yea your right about needing a guy to resurrect them...but my worry is how they will do next year if in fact vaden and white do in fact transfer. btw do you think they will transfer?

They'll need a coach to be prepared to work with what Indiana has, then start recruting right away. Indiana AD would be smart to hire a coach right away. They'll need a coach who will be able to talk White and Vaden into staying and getting the most out of these guys. Indiana has a talented team, they just haven't played up to their talent.

AAA ERA
    do you think if thad matta comes ( as he was one of the favorites for the job) he will bring conley and oden with him?

Doubt Matta comes to Indiana and leaves Ohio St. Ohio St. has been awesome this season and with some top spects coming in. IMO, they're the favorites to win the Big 10 next season.

AAA ERA
    He has definitely had a chance and he did better than Knight was able to do during his last 5-6 years at IU but I think it's time for IU to move on if they ever hope to be an elite program again.

MLB ERA
    Things would've been different if DJ White was healthy, a 2nd low post option besides Killingsworth could've resulted in another 5 wins. Oh well, bad break for Davis.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Well, what Indiana needs is a coach to resurrect them. Mike Davis is nothing special in the midwest. He's more of a southern guy (That's why I expect him to be considered for the Missouri job). Indiana is in probably one of the strongest divisions in all of NCAA. For Indiana to ever return to being a top tier team like they were with Knight, they need somebody who can recruit Indiana and bring in top recruits. Something Mike Davis never did (Ex: Oden and Sean May).
    Missouri is in the South?

There might be an opening at UAB if Mike Anderson takes one of these openings.

Hell yeah Missouri is in the South. Anything south of DC or anything that ever seceeded is the South.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Missouri is in the South?
    Basically.