Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-sign/FA process discussion

Re-sign/FA process discussion

basically we took the alternate idea of splitting up FA into parts that a few of you liked and built up from it. We removed increments, but kept once per say because I know a few liked that idea.

There was also worry that with only 1 bid and 24 hours if someone bid at 12:05 and someone else at 12:10, you'd only have 10 minutes the next day to bid if it was only a one on one situation. I think most bidding wars are one on one, aren't they? Since once per day seemed popular, this was the way to keep it and make it functional.

Keep in mind, the rest of FA will also follow these rules. All existing bids will be deleted, and teams with more than 7 offers will reduce them to 7. Tags and tenders are now due apparently whenever the fuck we feel like it too.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Re: Re-sign process discussion

So I think everything should be frozen until we get situated here...

Aye. Here's the basic plan. We figure out when things started getting really bad. At that point, everything is frozen. We (Witlon likely) will repopulate the lists. Everything resumes from there. The end of this week, any player not bid on is re-signed. Next week FA starts. Most of the top tier guys were in this process anyway so it's not a huge problem.

The only moveable part is we take everything we've done up to now, keep it, and freeze from there. That the last few days still count. It comes down to what we do with the last few days.

And yes, the threads are locked as this is frozen until GMs have checked in and/or been replaced. You can still trade and cut, just be aware of where bids and stuff will be possibly set.

Were these changes technically before or after my bid on S Nate Allen went to 48 hours?

after I think, we're looking at the befores now, we're likely resetting bids, matching, everything to Friday morning since that's when problems started.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    after I think, we're looking at the befores now, we're likely resetting bids, matching, everything to Friday morning since that's when problems started.
    I don't think resetting the bids to Friday is fair because multiple people have showed their hand on what they are willing to match. Reset it to when GML stopped emailing people on players.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Last emails were sent at 12:35ish yesterday, so that's not that far back.

last emails? If people just want to pick up from where we left of period, that's fine too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would rather. And I did 8 hours worth of work on it.

that's probably what we'll do then. After we finish filling up. Witlon, your next project will be compiling all cut players and UFAs for FA. I'll explain more in depth later.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I can get started on that tonight. Still have the cuts on the computer.

go and get em. Reminder, you can't bid on any guys unless your team page is up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thanks machinate!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And cj, clean out your PMs.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast