2014 GML RE-SIGN PROCESS

Rules:

1. Each team may offer up to 7 of their own UFAs a re-sign contract of any amount. This process does not include tagged UFAs and RFAs/ERFAs. You may NOT offer a player a re-sign contract then tag them later.

2. All players who were offered a contract by their original team will enter a Re-Sign Players Bidding Pool.

3. These players must go 2 weeks without being bid on for them to re-sign for the amount that was offered by the original team.

4. If any player is bid on by another team, that player must go 48 hours without their bid being raised by another team. The original team is not allowed to bid on their own players.

5. The original team has the option to match the winning bid to re-sign their player. If they choose not to match, that player will sign with its new team.

6. Teams may bid on a player once per day.

7. Each team is allowed 7 simultaneous bids for the duration of the re-sign process which will last 2 weeks total.

8. At the end of the 2 weeks, any current bids will be considered as the winning bid.

9. There are no bid increment minimums but proceed at your own risk as the original team will be allowed to match at the end of the process.

10. You must stay under your designated salary cap during the entire process (with your initial offer AND outgoing bids)

11. All players who re-sign with their original team OR sign with a new team may not be traded.

12. All players who re-sign with their original team OR sign with a new team can be released BUT you absorb the entire contract as dead money. A June 1st exception may not be used.

Examples:

1. The New England Patriots offer Dane Fletcher (TE-UFA) a $495,000 contract to re-sign with the team. Two weeks pass and no other teams have offered Fletcher a contract. He re-signs with New England for $495,000.

2. The New England Patriots offer Ryan Wendell (C-UFA) a $495,000 contract to re-sign with the team. The Rams offer Wendell a $750,000 contract. 48 hours pass and no one raises the bid by the Rams. The Patriots will have the option to re-sign Wendell for $750,000 or let him sign with the Rams for that amount.

3. The New England Patriots offer Andre Carter (DE-UFA) a $495,000 contract to re-sign with the team. The Cowboys offer Carter a $545,000 contract 5 minutes before all bidding ends. No one else raises the Cowboys' offer. The Patriots will have the option to re-sign Carter for $545,000 or let him sign with the Cowboys for that amount.

Timeline:

February 24th, 11:00PM EST - Teams may no longer offer their own UFAs contracts
February 25th, 12:01AM EST - Re-Sign Player Bidding Begins
March 11th, 12:01AM EST - Re-Sign Player Bidding Ends

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: If I have $10.0M in re-sign offers out to my own players but they've all been bid on by other teams, can I use that $10.0M on other players since I don't intend to match their offers?
A: Yes, you may. If you don't have the high bid then that money is in your pool/bank/pocket.

Q: If I have the high bid on a player and the original team matches, do I have the option to make another offer?
A: No, you cannot. It's a situation like where a team takes a contract to their original team and says "I have this offer from another team, match it or I'm leaving."