View Poll Results: Which version would you prefer?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • OOTP 6.5

3 100.00%
  • OOTP 20

0 0%

Thread: Let's Discuss A New League

MLB ERA

Thumbs Up Let's Discuss A New League

Hey everyone,

I have been considering starting up a new league for awhile now and I know there is enough interest here to start another. Well, I think I am pretty close to being to the point where I feel like I could really do that. A couple things that I would like to discuss -

1) What version would you prefer? I have the newest OOTP version which is OOTP 20. I also have OOTP 6.5.

A couple things I would like to point out is that OOTP 20 will obviously look much different. However, since it is the new version there are a lot of new stats and things that would be available. One thing to consider is that if anyone wanted to do the 20-80 scout grade system, we can do that on OOTP. (might add a little more realism for some people?)

Here are a couple player pages for OOTP 20 -

But, of course, 6.5 is a great game and I wouldn't mind sticking with that if that's what the majority preferred.

2)

Would we want to the lower the amount of teams in the league? Do we want to do real teams? Thoughts on teams and structure of the league?

3)

I think we would be able to allow exporting which I think a lot of people would like. However, the only OOTP online leagues I've ever been apart of have been on here and I have never used the export feature. Would most people prefer the ability to export?

4) Any suggestions for what we could name it?

Anyways.. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. If there are other things you would like to discuss that I haven't mentioned here, please bring them up.

Also, I hate to bring this up but I if this really ends up happening, I am going to have to receive some help from another website because I have not been able to figure it out on my own. (getting the online league and everything setup is what I'm referring to, not running the actual game) ... With that, I would be paying a fee out of my own pocket every month to run the league. (And a yearly fee for the domain) If anyone felt so inclined to help cover any of those costs, that would be pretty swell. I don't expect it, but it would be nice.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say! Thanks.
    Last edited by BuckFoston; 04-03-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Let's Discuss A New League

I'm too used to 6.5 to ask for anything else, but I'm still game if everyone prefers the newer one.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

im too used to 6.5 as well...

I would prefer to export - its actually a lot easier on the commish and the main thing Leo does today in this league that would still occur are extensions --- otherwise most if not all of the things we PM him for we can do ourselves. I have no preference on real v fictional

MLB ERA

I was introduced to and done basically all of my OOTPing here and honestly didn't even know importing/exporting was a thing until I joined a couple leagues elsewhere and found out we were the oddballs who did it the hard way, lol

Hopefully MSL will be a go on that very shortly. I'm having to work extra hours at the 2nd job this week which has thrown me off on free time.

Any way, enough making this about my league, I do prefer real teams to made up teams but have no preference in terms of going with the real teams that currently exist versus older teams like the Washington Senators or the Montreal Expos.

Rookie ERA

I really like the idea of updated rosters for the new game, and that would be my preference, but if you wanted to stick to 6.5, I’d be okay with that.

Just as long as I get the Cubs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Quote Originally Posted by cbenoit108 View Post
    im too used to 6.5 as well...

I would prefer to export - its actually a lot easier on the commish and the main thing Leo does today in this league that would still occur are extensions --- otherwise most if not all of the things we PM him for we can do ourselves. I have no preference on real v fictional
    Not really, extensions can be done with the import/export. Trades (and their aftermath) and in season signings are the "problem".

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

oh, ive never been in a league that let you do your own extensions cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Not really, extensions can be done with the import/export. Trades (and their aftermath) and in season signings are the "problem".

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You were actually fired from a league that you essentially could do your own extensions, in private.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

He's been helping me try to figure out the exporting/importing on and off and is basically new to it. He probably thought you were saying it can't be done.

Physically the game allows others to do it, but in my very limited experience being a GM in other leagues I've never seen them actually allow it.

I'm sure there's a sensible reason for it.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I was introduced to and done basically all of my OOTPing here and honestly didn't even know importing/exporting was a thing until I joined a couple leagues elsewhere and found out we were the oddballs who did it the hard way, lol

Hopefully MSL will be a go on that very shortly. I'm having to work extra hours at the 2nd job this week which has thrown me off on free time.

Any way, enough making this about my league, I do prefer real teams to made up teams but have no preference in terms of going with the real teams that currently exist versus older teams like the Washington Senators or the Montreal Expos.
    Any preference on number of teams? Or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    I really like the idea of updated rosters for the new game, and that would be my preference, but if you wanted to stick to 6.5, I’d be okay with that.

Just as long as I get the Cubs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't mind updated rosters either. I don't know if this helps at all but maybe the first couple draft classes could be current MLB stars or something along those lines? Just thinking out loud. (if we do end up going with 6.5, which is what it seems like will happen)
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM