Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: '15 GML Discussion

Re: '15 GML Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon John View Post
    Either way, still the biggest "draft steal"
    but is it though? Was Mike Mitchell a steal? Was Tavon Wilson?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I signed Jay Bromley as a UDFA last year, and didn't get any love for it.

You're only getting jeers from me on Matt Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    but is it though? Was Mike Mitchell a steal? Was Tavon Wilson?
    If draft steal means where he was selected here opposed to the real draft then yes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But no one cares what shitloon does.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon John View Post
    If draft steal means where he was selected here opposed to the real draft then yes.
    fortunately it doesn't.

MLB ERA

All of my draft picks in the first 4 rounds have all already been drafted in the real draft higher than I got them in here, with the exception of my homer pick of Trey Flowers
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

If were doin back pats, I got 3rd rounder Chaz Green as a UDFA.
    Not ground breaking but a steal for a team with few picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    fortunately it doesn't.
    What Mach is trying to say is, we should grade OUR draft based on what happens in the REAL draft...UNLESS it wasn't his pick, at which point he doesn't agree with the real draft being reality because if it were, He would have made a he move in the mock draft. If he didn't make the move, it obviously wasn't reality, so no...YOU would not be rewarded in his scoring systemCorrect me if I'm wrong..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Final results will be delayed until Mach awakes, because he's serving as the tiebreaker. They should be up later this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDawg42 View Post
    What Mach is trying to say is, we should grade OUR draft based on what happens in the REAL draft...UNLESS it wasn't his pick, at which point he doesn't agree with the real draft being reality because if it were, He would have made a he move in the mock draft. If he didn't make the move, it obviously wasn't reality, so no...YOU would not be rewarded in his scoring systemCorrect me if I'm wrong..

One reason why we shouldn't base it on the real draft is things happens that we can't account for. La'el Collins for example, but also I drafted Tre Jackson, but he fell because he failed physicals. There was no way I could have known that.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NFLRA View Post
    One reason why we shouldn't base it on the real draft is things happens that we can't account for. La'el Collins for example, but also I drafted Tre Jackson, but he fell because he failed physicals. There was no way I could have known that.
    Obviously nothing is an exact science, but I think for the most part the real draft is a good measuring stick because it tells us what the people who actually do this for a living and are as close to "experts" on the matter as you can get thought of the prospects.

I mean, I'm not going to vote down someone who drafted La'el Collins before that news came out, and if someone falls out because of an injury that wasn't known at the time that would also factor in....but generally speaking if I land someone in round 7 that went in the 3rd round in real life that should count for something.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Those huge discrepancies though are often "erroneous" in hindsight. The 'niks seem to be better at things, in a sense of if they have a guy pegged as a 3rd, and a team drafts him as a 1st, the 'niks are often right, and it seems by and large they're in tune with what teams think as there's a feedback process of sorts.

Teams will largely have similar grades on players, but there's always a couple players or a few players who go higher because a team thinks they found something, and going against the grain often proves fruitless.

Let me know if you guys plan on doing the madden sim or whatever we talked about. If not I'll see you gentlemen next season. go Bucs

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

My draft here was generally good, with a few exceptions. First column is the round I took the player here, then the player name, and then the round in which they were selected in the nfl draft.

1st rd: Vic Beasley, taken 1st rd
    2nd rd: Kevin Johnson, taken 1st rd
    3rd rd: Ameer Abdullah, taken 2nd rd
    4th rd: Rob Havenstein, taken 2nd rd
    5th rd: Andy Gallik, taken 6th rd
    6th rd: Vince Mayle, taken 4th rd
    6th rd: Wes Saxton, undrafted
    7th rd: Joey Mbu, undrafted

My first four picks were pretty good. Gallik slipped back, but I like that the other centers I was eyeballing Reese Dismukes and BJ Finney went undrafted. Mayle was a mild steal. I'm not going to beat myself up over the last two picks going undrafted. As much as I don't like the idea of grading a draft class, if I had to do it, it would be by comparing your draft to the ones conducted by the pros.

I was one of the many who didn't participate in the final voting, and I apologize for that. I don't even think real professional draftniks are qualified to grade a draft the day after it's done, as none of them have a crystal ball, and there's enough bullshit flying through the air about the draft with out me added my two pounds. And there were a lot of GMs in this league who released nearly everybody on their team, which is unrealistic. But, to each his own.

Let me say again, this was a blast, I really enjoyed it. I do have a couple of suggestions for next year:

1) let me have the Redskins again next year.
    2) in FA nominations, allow teams to nominate for bidding two (or more?) players instead of one each wave.
    3) in FA nominations, there might be considered a 5 day window per wave. So last bid before the expiration of the wave gets the player, unless the time limit between bids was reached previously.
    4) in FA nominations, time limit between bids to win a player is decreased from 24 hours to ... I don't know. 8 hours? 4? 12? Perhaps a decreasing limit depending on which day in the wave?
    5) let me have the Redskins again next year.

Thanks,
    Gully

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast