Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: '15 GML Discussion

Re: '15 GML Discussion

the problem is that A) teams will then try to just nab players Madden says is good so that they win, where Madden is awful at rating players and B) when stupid teams do stupid shit and overdraft a shitty player in real life GML teams shouldn't profit from it.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Madden also doesn't have every player as I found out messing with rosters.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Which that actually soured me on doing the madden thing. I started updating teams quite some time ago. It was a downer, ain't got time to create shit on top of everything else lol
    Ted

Rookie ERA

The votes are fun either way. It is good to see what others think. I think the idea of comparing our draft to the actual draft is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year we should have a group of guys who don't participate act as the voters. So it's an unbiased vote. Fake or not the voting process is still a part of this exercise. I also like the idea of privately submitting our final votes through P.M. Then adding them up at the end. That eliminates guys from following suit on others votes. Just some suggestions. Either way this served its purpose, was fun and passes time till the draft.

Rookie ERA

Here is an idea for choosing a draft winner:

Each pick in the draft gets assigned a point value.

After the actual NFL draft we compare the two drafts.

Example: Say I select Todd Gurley at #22 in the GML draft. At 22 that pick is worth 252 points. In real life he got selected at #10, which basically means I got him at a steal at #22. Now say the point value for #10 is 310. In this scoring system I would earn 58 points.

Another example: I drafted Eli Harold at #21 in our draft. It looks like he is getting drafted late 3rd round now. Assume #21 has a point value of 210 and a 3rd round pick 22 is worth 151. In this scenario I would lose 59 points. And so on...

Could do something similar in Free Agency by using salaries as a base line.

Anyone follow? Am I too high?

Rookie ERA

I guess for the draft too you could also do he scoring by position group. So when the first QB taken he is worth so many points, the next a little less and so n. So all groups have a point value for when they are picked and compare the 2 drafts (real and GML).

I really do not like rewarding teams for picking guys Chip Kelly or Reggie McKenzie drafted 5 rounds too high who wind up falling out of the league in 3 years just because NFL teams have morons running their team.

Do you really think AJ Jenkins who went in the 4th that year for us should have been rewarded because the Niners were retarded? Or Marcus Smith last year with Philly? No, of course not, because you all are wonderfully intelligent people unlike the NFL teams that make these awful picks.

Rookie ERA

That is a very solid point. Shea McClellan

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I really do not like rewarding teams for picking guys Chip Kelly or Reggie McKenzie drafted 5 rounds too high who wind up falling out of the league in 3 years just because NFL teams have morons running their team.
    I think you're wrong about Edwards. I like him at DE, he's an athletic freak. The question is was him at 310, him trying to move inside or laziness.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

I recall nominating Matt Jones for draft steal. And he wasn't chosen.He was picked here in the 7th as a comp pick, 3rd round in the real draft. Suck it

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I think you're wrong about Edwards. I like him at DE, he's an athletic freak. The question is was him at 310, him trying to move inside or laziness.
    Great, that's worked out so well for us. Guy's dumb and sloppy and has no pass rush. Reggie needs to be fired. I need a new team. Or no team.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon John View Post
    I recall nominating Matt Jones for draft steal. And he wasn't chosen.He was picked here in the 7th as a comp pick, 3rd round in the real draft. Suck it
    by a team that think it was smart to use a top 5 pick on a RT/G. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    by a team that think it was smart to use a top 5 pick on a RT/G. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
    Either way, still the biggest "draft steal"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I took him late in both GMLs
    Ted