Thread: Witlon's Round 1 GML Mock Draft

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

gml Witlon's Round 1 GML Mock Draft

* For entertainment purposes only. I have no inside information from any team, it's all speculation.

GML Mock Draft by Witlon:

1. Houston - QB Johnny Manziel
    * I think he was always the pick here. Between need and draft buzz, he's the perfect fit for a rebuilding squad in this case.

2. St. Louis - QB Teddy Bridgewater
    * Last time we did a GML, Kingdom went with Christian Ponder as his QB. I don't think he does that this time and grabs his #1 QB at this point.

3. Jacksonville - DE Jadevon Clowney
    * And the number one player drops to a spot where he can't be passed on. I'm expecting Jacksonville to go BPA with all their needs, and while this could certainly be Bortles, I doubt WUIF passes on the #1 player in the draft.

4. Tennessee - QB Blake Bortles
    * It's GML, skill positions go quick. With the growing desire to trade Jake Locker, I think the recent trade up was to secure Tennessee's franchise QB.

5. Oakland - WR Sammy Watkins
    * I was half tempted to put Dri Archer here as a tribute to Al, but Watkins is a popular name in mock drafts to Oakland, and Mach's desire to mirror Reggie McKenzie rises above all else.

6. Atlanta - WR Mike Evans
    * With two picks in the top 7, they can afford to gamble on upgrading their porous receiving corps(Greg Jennings, Jarrett Boykin, Stephen Hill, Jonathan Baldwin) with some draft niks' top WR.

7. Atlanta - OT Greg Robinson
    * I struggled with this. I like Matthews better, but I'm not picking for myself, so I'll go with the athletic. Ryan Schroeder and Lamar Holmes are Atlanta's tackles right now, so they certainly need an upgrade to block for Andre Brown and Tony Romo.

8. Minnesota - LB Khalil Mack
    * A perfect fit for Ray Horton's hybrid scheme goes as the BPA here to Minnesota, joining a crowded list of edge rushers and defensive linemen.

9. Buffalo - OT Jake Matthews
    * With such a quiet owner, I have absolutely no idea what they're doing in, so I'll go BPA. Matthews can cover Center or Right Tackle while suring up the line opposite Cordy Glenn.

10. Detroit - S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    * Again, no idea what Slyder will do here, and he hasn't given much hints on who he likes, so I'll fill a need with the the #1 safety on most guy's boards.

11. Cleveland - CB Justin Gilbert
    * And Cleveland has their Joe Haden replacement fall in to their laps at 11. Desmond Trufant fits well on one side, but someone's gotta be the #2 corner, ya know?

12. NY Giants - TE Eric Ebron
    * Some things are just easy to mock.

13. St. Louis - CB Darqueeze Dennard
    * A need to go opposite Brent Grimes. I like a couple guys a little better, but the fit is undeniable.

14. Chicago - DT Aaron Donald
    * Who knows who's drafting for them? BPA + Need makes this a slam dunk for a Mock.

15. Pittsburgh - LB CJ Mosely
    * A perfect fit to end the run of Larry Foote as a starter in the GML. They need DE, too, but I like Mosely a little bit better than the next guy.

16. Dallas - DT Timmie Jernigan
    * BPA for Dallas here, as they they're a blank slate on the DLine, and there's no reason they can't go with the 4-3 DT.

17. Seattle - LB Dee Ford
    * Not many needs for Seattle, so I'll give them an edge rusher. Bruce Irvin is listed as a DL on their team page, so this makes sense.

18. NY Jets - WR Marquise Lee
    * Let the lovefest begin.

19. Miami - DE/LB Kony Ealy
    * Just filling needs at this point.

20. Arizona - QB David Carr
    * A developmental quarterback at a good value spot.

21. Green Bay - OT Zach Martin
    * An upgrade for a team without very many needs.

22. Philadelphia - WR Brandin Cooks
    * Didn't get his Hakeem Nicks, so he takes a DeSean Jackson clone to be his #3 WR.

23. Kansas City - S Calvin Pryor
    * I know they probably need a WR, but Pryor's a perfect fit opposite Eric Berry and I couldn't resist mocking him here.

24. Green Bay - LB Anthony Barr
    * Somebody likes him more than I do, so I doubt he's here, but GB is BPA from here on out, if I were to continue to mock, with their lack of needs.

25. San Diego - WR Odell Beckham
    * Come on Leo, no team page?!? They can't even draft until they post one, but replacing Keenan Allen should be priority #1, after the now infamous trade.

26. Houston - WR Kelvin Benjamin
    * Andre Johnson's replacement, and another target for Johnny Manziel.

27. New Orleans - DE Stephen Tuitt
    * Too early for their biggest need, so an upgrade on the DLine seems like it makes the most sense here.

28. Arizona - CB Jason Verrett
    * Patrick Peterson's replacement falls right to them at 28. I may be higher on Verrett than some, but the value is good here.

29. New England - WR Davonte Adams
    * No big needs here, so upgrading on Aaron Dobson seems like it makes the most sense here. Adams is a strong fit to replace Julian Edelman, as well.

30. Atlanta - CB Bradley Roby
    * So many needs, so little time. Roby fits the biggest need for Atlanta, warm body that can play corner. They could really go anywhere here, though.

31. Denver - LB Ryan Shazier
    * Again, not many needs, so the best fit appears to be Shazier. The linebacking situation, outside of Miller and Treviathan, looks quite troubling.

32. Baltimore - OT Cyrus Kouandjio
    * I doubt they start the season with FA signing Will Svitek starting at tackle, so I'll have them take the guy I like the least in the first round. Draft niks still seem to think he's a first rounder, so I'll compromise and throw him in there here.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Witlon's Round 1 GML Mock Draft

I think you mean Derek Carr. Honest mistake.