Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So IF a new sim league were to start up, what would you want to see in it?

So IF a new sim league were to start up, what would you want to see in it?

Shoot some ideas out. This is nothing that is starting soon, we want to make sure the other 2 leagues are running strong first.

But if/when a new league starts, how interested would you be in the following?

-Full fantasy draft
    -Salary Cap vs even market for each team vs as is
    -Real MLB players or CPU generated rosters
    -Prizes
    -Realignment/moving teams

Throw any ideas you have out there.

Again, this is only preliminary.

MLB ERA
    Well.. I don't think I would want to see full fantasy draft myself.. as the timeframe with a 30 team league, and the logistics behind everyone showing up for a live draft or an on-message-board draft is mind-boggling....

Salary Cap based on team's earnings is cool... can't overspend your intake....

Real Players, naturally

Prizes don't float my boat..

1 realignment maybe, if people are allowed to choose their initial cities.. but not continual reallignment....

I would probably like to see the coaches option turned on...

I liked the old BOSI where you could not only track current progression, but you had complete history of progression of a certain player when you looked at his layer page

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Prizes don't float my boat..
    The reason I'm thinking of awarding a prize is to get everybody to try to win. I don't like teams tanking for a few years.

1 realignment maybe, if people are allowed to choose their initial cities.. but not continual reallignment....
    Definately not continual moving around of teams. A team would have to apply for relocation and there would be a league vote.

I would probably like to see the coaches option turned on...
    Good idea.

I liked the old BOSI where you could not only track current progression, but you had complete history of progression of a certain player when you looked at his layer page
    Another good one.

MLB ERA
    I would want them to be the actual rosters to begin in 05. That way you have less trouble of having to find a time that everyone can draft or anything else.

Use Real MLB players

I would like to see for time sake 2 teams removed and even the league

Doing the League Vote on relocation would be good as long as the cities actually cause a difference in revenue and what not.

I kinda like the idea of the coaches thing but that might be getting to overly complicated.

Ditto the BOSI it helps.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If you want the old BOSI, version one, then it will need to be a OOTP5 league. Just FYI.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I'm interested...

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by froggyvk
    I'm interested...
    this is not signups......but i would like to see the updated rosters in a new league.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was into TrevorTime's gay league and then it died. Updated rosters, starting fresh would be fun. I can't get into any other leagues because A. I didn't run them from the beginning, or B. I end up in the shadow of a great owner. Ugh...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    If you want the old BOSI, version one, then it will need to be a OOTP5 league. Just FYI.
    It really helps with watching players progress. Is there not a newer version for OOTP?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    BOSI 2 is what I use for my OOTP6 league. The creator, Joe, still had things to implement thats the reason many of the links in BOSI on my site says "Not Implemented"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually it appears some of the features have been set up (including development history) on the creators league site (he's also my web host for TMFSL.) I will have to look into an update of the software on the site during the offseason.

MLB ERA
    Well... the thing is imp.... everyone can't tray and win the 1st or second year... about 1/2 the teams have to start some sort of rebuild... because it will be obvious that they are too old, that their farm stinks, that they don't have as much talent as others, huge injury to 2 star players, etc.... so I don't think competing for a prize is all it is cracked up to be...

Good in theory... but I don't know about reality... unless it is nothing more than a t-shirt or something very cheap

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I want to see a historical league. I think that would be fantastic.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I like the way the SB League was originally set-up with a random draft, and the results not being revealved until the league was full. That way people aren't scrambling to claim the best teams. Conducting a full live fantasy draft would be ideal, but like Dave said, I don't think it's realistic unless everyone submited a list.

MLB ERA
    Activating coaches and scouts is something you have to do from the very beginning, otherwise it will lead to a crippling bidding war. A blind fantasy draft before teams are allotted is a good thing, just to mix it up. I hate the idea of a salary cap, since it subsidizes stupidity. In TMFSL, the leaders in spending aren't close to the winningest teams. A team's budget should be part of the decision-making process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast