Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So IF a new sim league were to start up, what would you want to see in it?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Well.. I don't think I would want to see full fantasy draft myself.. as the timeframe with a 30 team league, and the logistics behind everyone showing up for a live draft or an on-message-board draft is mind-boggling....
    Yeah, I say keep the teams the way they are. More realistic, and less of a fantasy baseball feel.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Also probably easier to find people for teams, because a lot of people like being their favorite team.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Also probably easier to find people for teams, because a lot of people like being their favorite team.
    It will be easy to find GMs for some teams, almost impossible to find GMs for some of the worst teams. The best teams will be claimed as soon as registration is open, and everybody else will be left with the scraps. I like a blind draft where you find out who your players are after you pick your team. The teams are more even that way.

MLB ERA
    Its easy to inherit a good team and win. The challenge comes when you take over a team and show that they can win.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Its easy to inherit a good team and win. The challenge comes when you take over a team and show that they can win.
    That's true, but there are few people up for that challenge. If real rosters are used, you'll see a mad dash for about the 10-15 best teams, the scraps will be picked up by those that weren't online when registration was announced, and the bottom teams will be tough to get rid of because nobody wants to accept the challenge. As far as fans wanting to control their own team, that may work for 1 fan of each team. However, if it's a popular team, a fan of an opposing team will likely claim them. I really like the blind draft idea, because you can pick any team you want, and then build your favorite team through trades if you want.

Please, God, no TC.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Vin Deisel, would make the game great.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AAA ERA
    i just hope they start another up in here....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I know you despire TC's Generalissimo, you probably would have no beef with them if your first deal had not been veto'd. But I like the idea of having some of the power in a sim amongst the masses. I just quit a sim because the Commish was a freaking Fascist. I really hate how he basically picks and chooses what is good and what isn't, when it mostly benefits him and the co-commish. Something like a TC can keep shit like that in check.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    *despise, not despire.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I'd consider joining, although joining two sim leagues for me is death, I'm willing to do it as my job and summer will only overlap for a couple weeks and from there I can handle what I need to do.

I love the idea of keeping the original rosters but randomizing the teams. In the original sim league, I got lucky by getting to choose directly after the mods and grabbing a relatively young and good team (the Phillies).

Incidents: I think it depends on what kind of league you have. If it is an alternative league like the GM league, that's great, but in a real league, I think keeping it as the game is is fine.

Prizes are fine with me, but it won't affect how I play. If I have the team to win now, I'll try, if not, I'll rebuild.

I'm always a fan of a TC, but if the commish declares it so, I think one that relegates simply on objective goals is doable (salary restraints, any set rules to prevent contract dumping, whatever. Instead of fair/unfair).

The one thing I really liked about the old sim league is that Mission let me be a co-GM and we maintained ourselves as one of the better teams in the league. He had an aggressive style which complimented me being the negotiation point man. I think that if someone is new to the sim leagues and is unsure, and if a veteran owner is willing, pair up and, at the least, teach them the game and they can branch off if they want to later on if teams open up.

I would be willing to pair up with whoever wants to as long as I can keep consistant communication with them.

Really, you can go in any direction.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123