Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So IF a new sim league were to start up, what would you want to see in it?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I disagree with blind fantasy drafts.

When I join a league, I want to run *MY* team. I want every player that I watch every week and cheer for, not some guys that I only pay attention to for my fantasy leagues.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    I disagree with blind fantasy drafts.

When I join a league, I want to run *MY* team. I want every player that I watch every week and cheer for, not some guys that I only pay attention to for my fantasy leagues.
    That's great if you're lucky enough to get your favorite team. Most people won't be as lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I like the way the SB League was originally set-up with a random draft, and the results not being revealved until the league was full. That way people aren't scrambling to claim the best teams. Conducting a full live fantasy draft would be ideal, but like Dave said, I don't think it's realistic unless everyone submited a list.
    Good points. Do youguys think a good compromise would be that 30 people sign up and are assigned teams at random (with opening day 2005 rosters)?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Well... the thing is imp.... everyone can't tray and win the 1st or second year... about 1/2 the teams have to start some sort of rebuild... because it will be obvious that they are too old, that their farm stinks, that they don't have as much talent as others, huge injury to 2 star players, etc.... so I don't think competing for a prize is all it is cracked up to be...

Good in theory... but I don't know about reality... unless it is nothing more than a t-shirt or something very cheap
    That's all I'm thinking, like a video game or a DVD or something similar. I just don't like it when people purposefully tank for a few seasons to get a good farm system.

MLB ERA
    Well.. since a prize don't motivate me... I'd be rebuilding anyway :p

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    Good points. Do youguys think a good compromise would be that 30 people sign up and are assigned teams at random (with opening day 2005 rosters)?
    Could we at least list like 5 teams we want in order and then see who choose what and fill in as many teams that way?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Could we at least list like 5 teams we want in order and then see who choose what and fill in as many teams that way?
    That would be a lot of extra work for the commish. I'd be fine with a random selection of teams if a random draft isn't done. It would be a lot better than having everybody scrambling to be the first one to call the best teams while the remaining teams remain unclaimed.

I haven't read the posts and I wouldn't be inclined to join the league... but

I'd like a league with a full draft, it takes a week on a universal chat room and then afterwards you have your team.. i don't really see the complications if the commish is dedicated and can handle the league.
    Other then that.. there isn't too much difference you can make, some little things that aren't exactly exciting.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Yeah, I was into TrevorTime's gay league and then it died.
    My league was an awesome concept... ? why did you have to go and say that.

too bad my comp dies and wouldn't run ootp anymore.

AA ERA
    I agree trevor. That league was a lot of fun before the problems.

MLB ERA
    i really enjoyed trevors league

League Articles-Heres where you can be a beat writer for your team. you can write articles, interviews, ect and receive points for them
    Points-Points system to improve your team, 5 points to change a secondary rating (ie clutch, speed, groundball %, endurance), 15 points for primary (vs RHP, LHP, ect) and for a promotion, 30 to change a position, 500 to get a created player, etc.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    A lot of people seemed to enjoy Trevor's league. Question, what did he do to make it more interesting and more fun? I have been planning on starting a complex league after this summer (also around the time, the new ootp is being released) and was looking for ideas, i have many of my own, but i also like to see what worked for other leagues.

i really enjoyed trevors league

League Articles-Heres where you can be a beat writer for your team. you can write articles, interviews, ect and receive points for them
    Points-Points system to improve your team, 5 points to change a secondary rating (ie clutch, speed, groundball %, endurance), 15 points for primary (vs RHP, LHP, ect) and for a promotion, 30 to change a position, 500 to get a created player, etc.
    ^those aren't the main points were they? for allmost every league i've been in had those.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Trevor's league had goals for your team.

As I the Pirates, I had to dump Kendall's contract, ect.

And some incidents were added too, Griffey demands trade, Bonds tests positive for steriods...

Good shit.

It was a nice follow up on SBL because of SBL having the fantasy draft, too...

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Trevor's league had goals for your team.

As I the Pirates, I had to dump Kendall's contract, ect.

And some incidents were added too, Griffey demands trade, Bonds tests positive for steriods...

Good shit.

It was a nice follow up on SBL because of SBL having the fantasy draft, too...
    Yea, those are awesome ideas. I am always in favor to adding something to make it more fun (like fantasy drafts) or more realistic. anything to get people to be, and stay, more active along with having fun.

sorry i misunderstood the posts, in my previous post i thought those were the main points of interests. If they were i would have been disapointed for every league has those.

MLB ERA
    if thers ever a new sim league someone let me know , i think i will have a better understadning of how the game works now thankx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast