Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +rep for anyone who gives a good critique about my draft.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

+rep for anyone who gives a good critique about my draft.

Just got done running my draft in IRC. It's a pain in the ass, since one or two owners were /msg'ing me trying to pick keepers or players that had already been picked long before that. And plus I had to pick for two guys who left lists. And I had to run the draft.

It's the fifth year of this league, 18 owners, 5 keepers each, plus a 15 round draft. 5x5 head-to-head.

My keepers are Michael Young, Carlos Lee, Roy Halladay, Matt Cain, Joe Nathan.

My team is looking like this:

C - Ryan Doumit (15th round)
    1B - Chad Tracy (2nd round), Nick Johnson (11th round)
    2B - Felipe Lopez (1st round)
    SS - Michael Young (keeper)
    3B - Edwin Encarnacion (7th round)
    OF - Carlos Lee (keeper), Jason Lane (4th round), Nick Swisher (8th round), Xavier Nady (12th round)

SP - Roy Halladay (keeper), Matt Cain (keeper), Doug Davis (3rd round), Aaron Harang (6th round), Esteban Loaiza (9th round), Ryan Madson (10th round), Kyle Davies (13th round), Paul Maholm (14th round)

RP - Joe Nathan (keeper), Brian Fuentes (5th round)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You're going to have the same keepers after the season, barring a major injury. If EdE hits well enough so you don't have to move Tracy to 3rd, you should think about trading Nick Johnson for a better outfielder. The pitching is all right, for an 18 team league. Not much trade ideas that come into mind, considering it's a very deep league and even more of a crapshoot with players.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mofo! I like to load up on starting pitching, and usually, I make sure to get at least three closers, but I think 9 of them were keepers, and we had people reaching for guys like Orvella and Burgos in the 4th round. Crazy stuff.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    of course you picked your mancrush Loaiza...Harang in the 6th round?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that Harang dropped that low. I had him ranked in the same general area as Danny Haren and John Lackey and those two were taken back-to-back in the third round.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I find Doumit's pick to be more of a gamble, but there are other catchers that I find to be a non-gamble than him like Josh Willingham.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I wanted Josh Willingham bad, but he got taken with the 8th pick in the 5th round. No way I was going to take a catcher that high.

MLB ERA
    I loved your keepers and all you did was pick young and solid. Definetly a good draft.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

reply to draft

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Just got done running my draft in IRC. It's a pain in the ass, since one or two owners were /msg'ing me trying to pick keepers or players that had already been picked long before that. And plus I had to pick for two guys who left lists. And I had to run the draft.

It's the fifth year of this league, 18 owners, 5 keepers each, plus a 15 round draft. 5x5 head-to-head.

My keepers are Michael Young, Carlos Lee, Roy Halladay, Matt Cain, Joe Nathan.

My team is looking like this:

C - Ryan Doumit (15th round)
    1B - Chad Tracy (2nd round), Nick Johnson (11th round)
    2B - Felipe Lopez (1st round)
    SS - Michael Young (keeper)
    3B - Edwin Encarnacion (7th round)
    OF - Carlos Lee (keeper), Jason Lane (4th round), Nick Swisher (8th round), Xavier Nady (12th round)

SP - Roy Halladay (keeper), Matt Cain (keeper), Doug Davis (3rd round), Aaron Harang (6th round), Esteban Loaiza (9th round), Ryan Madson (10th round), Kyle Davies (13th round), Paul Maholm (14th round)

RP - Joe Nathan (keeper), Brian Fuentes (5th round)

here is what I see your lack a solid 4th outfielder. If Lane or Lee goes down you have Nady. You should see what upgrade there you can do.

Pitching needs another starter. I look at Baker or Liriano of the Twins if there available. Loaiza is a hot and cold sp! Also look into a solid mr set up guy you must have places on the starting lineup for that, Look at donnelly rincon crain who can get you holds and can close games if needed.

I like the tracy pick. Just hope EE will be productive!

there you go,

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Doumit had a good second half in 2005, so don't be surprised if he does well.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    here is what I see your lack a solid 4th outfielder. If Lane or Lee goes down you have Nady. You should see what upgrade there you can do.

Pitching needs another starter. I look at Baker or Liriano of the Twins if there available. Loaiza is a hot and cold sp! Also look into a solid mr set up guy you must have places on the starting lineup for that, Look at donnelly rincon crain who can get you holds and can close games if needed.

I like the tracy pick. Just hope EE will be productive!

there you go,

Jason
    Good stuff. Liriano actually got taken in the 6th round, and Baker in the 11th round. Crain got taken with the first pick in the 12th round, even though holds is not a category in our league. Donnelly and Rincon are both available, but I'm not high on them.

I need another SP? I think I have the most in the league, heh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Doumit had a good second half in 2005, so don't be surprised if he does well.
    It was either between him or Mike Lieberthal, Mike Piazza, Javier Valentin, Damian Miller, or Brian Schneider.

And I like Doumit over Piazza, personally.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Valentin would be good if he didn't have LaRue around. Lieberthal will prolly rebound and take full advantage of the tee ball park he plays in.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Its a pretty good draft. Kinda iffy on the injury prone Halladay as a keeper but considering who else you have its probably the best option not named Matt Cain.

You need another solid MR that can rackup K's and get the WHIP down (Linebrink, Suarez (RP from BOS), Marte, Donnelly or anyone from the ANA bullpen). Id probably go with a couple, they actually do help out on the bottom line. Also try and trade one of your gazillon SPs for a solid Middle Infielder. If you can pull that off its a good team to field for a keeper.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Linebrink actually got drafted in like the 11th round I believe. I will however try to trade for a backup middle infielder for those days when Felipe Lopez or Michael Young have off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast