Thread: Keeper help

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Keeper help

OK, so my first four keepers are Michael Young, Carlos Lee, Roy Halladay and Joe Nathan.

My fifth keeper is supposed to be Mark Prior, but he's being a ****ing pussy again, no surprise. This guy is softer than Vince Carter, Fred Taylor and Generalissimo rolled into one, it's crazy.

I need to make a keeper decision by Friday, which is the deadline set by the commish (which is me, heh).

Anyways, the rest of my roster from last year is as follows, please help. I'm leaning on keeping Matt Cain because he's 21 years old. I'm not too high on Edmonds because he's old as ****. And well, bah. It's an 18-team league (down from 20 since I kicked two guys out) with 9 batters and 5 pitchers as starters and 6 bench spots.

C R. Barajas (Tex - C)
    1B D. Easley (Fla - 1B,2B,3B,SS)
    2B B. Hall (Mil - 2B,3B,SS)
    3B O. Robles (LAD - 3B,SS)
    SS M. Young (Tex - SS)
    OF C. Lee (Mil - OF)
    OF E. Brown (KC - OF)
    OF J. Edmonds (StL - OF)
    Util Jo. Cruz (LAD - OF)

SP M. Prior (ChC - SP)
    SP R. Halladay (Tor - SP)
    RP J. Nathan (Min - RP)
    P M. Cain (SF - SP)
    P F. Cordero (Tex - RP)
    BN E. Loaiza (Was - SP)
    BN F. Rodney (Det - RP)
    BN P. Maholm (Pit - SP)
    BN B. Claussen (Cin - SP)
    BN J. Johnson (Det - SP)
    BN K. Saarloos (Oak - SP)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rodney might be worth considering. But Cain seems to be the obvious choice. Edmonds' production slipped quite a bit, he still draws a lot of walks and will prolly hit 20 plus homeruns, but he's never going to have 500 or more ABs.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    you mean you're not going to keep your man crush Loaiza?

MLB ERA
    Cain might be the best choice in a keeper... but you have to remember this is his first full season and the Giants only have the confidence level to slot him as the #4 starter on that squad.. you would think higher, considering other than Schmidt, none are 'great'... that has to be a little worrying....

I am one that fully expects Prior to pitch 190 innings or more and have few issues... low ERA, great K's and WHIP... maybe not a TON of wins because of the team around him, but that is not a great thing to base a stud fantasy choice on anyway...

What has to be considered is the likelyhood that Cain would be taken before you could get him back... I think that is not TOO much of a risk in a league where only 5 players per team are kept, and there are going to be many more needs out there than a 4th starter on the Giants, even if he is only 21 and has unproven talent... I think the likelyhood that Prior is taken quick is MUCH greater....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    P M. Cain (SF - SP)

and you havent made that decision yet?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Probably because I drafted Zack Greinke in the 3rd round last year (over Mark Buehrle). It's still haunting me.