Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Fantasy Football 2014 Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Random Fantasy Football 2014 Rumblings

Groovy
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Charles Sims out 12-14 weeks with an ankle fracture, as Kingdom weeps.

Push up Doug Martin(more passing down work), Bobby Rainey(Kingdom's OTHER boy) and Mike James a few spots in your rankings, children.

Ouch got him in the 3rd round of a dynasty draft this year. Will probably move him and Storm Johnson to my drop able players when looking for a FA

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't sell out on Storm yet. By the end of the season, I fully expect him to be getting 7-10 touches a game as Toby Gerhart's COP. (I'm not a Todman fan, and I still don't think Shoelace is anything but a package player.) Will 7-10 touches be enough, though?

I understand your thinking, though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bobby "Shat on Shitlon" Rainey
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

first league draft of the year starts in about 25 minutes. $120 league, 8 teams, i pick 5th. needless to say, im thrilled to be getting one of the big 4 at rb, or calvin.

its non-ppr, so calvin isnt that much of an advantage over one of the secondary runners... but as i continue to say, i feel 5-12 at rb are all interchangeable, just pick the one that doesnt get hurt and gets continuous goal line carries. and in an 8 team league... if i can walk out with say, calvin in the 1st, bell/ball in the 2nd, 2-5 at receiver in the 3rd [green, thomas, dez, marshall... even julio], stacy/morris in the 4th ill be thrilled. this is an espn league, so some of their rankings are kinda screwy, im hoping these guys didnt do that much in the way of homework... montee ball ranked 25th, gio bernard ranked 26th type shit.
    Last edited by Hammer; 08-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

so... calvin went 2nd overall. i thought for sure i was getting him at 5. also, youll notice i went away from my list a couple times... but the espn rankings were so screwy, that tate was like 20 spots behind crabtree, so even though i love tate in that offense... i grabbed crabtree a round earlier.

qb: stafford (6th)
    rb: forte (1st), murray (3rd), morris (4th), j. bell (7th), k. robinson (12th)
    wr: d. thomas (2nd), garcon (5th), crabtree (8th), tate (9th), wright (10th), floyd (11th), gordon (13th)
    te: pitta (14th)
    d: rams d (15th)
    k: hauschka (16th)

on first look at my own team... thats way too many redskins and lions. and also, i couldnt help myself on all those receivers. i know murray and morris, either one of them, at rb2 is fairly scary... but all the rbs i actually liked later on (pierre thomas in particular) were going a pick or two before mine, and so i just grabbed receivers that i liked. and gordon in the 13th... what the fuck, the best receiver on the board was amendola [it was cooks actually on my board, but i overthought it and was hoping hed slip through... naturally he didnt]

at the end of the day... i wish i had a more stable rb2. or that reggie bush would tear his acl soon.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

available guys if gordon gets suspended for the year... steve smith, mike evans, terrance west, rueben randle, kelvin benjamin, woodhead, mcfadden, all the rookies except sankey, bryce brown, and even though i hate carrying 2 tes... ertz, green and reed.

MLB ERA

Somebody just took the New England defense 5th overall in the draft I'm in right now
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    available guys if gordon gets suspended for the year... steve smith, mike evans, terrance west, rueben randle, kelvin benjamin, woodhead, mcfadden, all the rookies except sankey, bryce brown, and even though i hate carrying 2 tes... ertz, green and reed.
    I'm not going to comment much on the team. It's good, but all teams in 8 team leagues are. I've noticed that if your passing on Cooks around 90(in non-PPR, I'd imagine he'd slant upwards a little), you're not getting him, right now. (Don't have the math on that yet, but that seem about right.)

I'd consider picking up Helu, actually, if Gordon is suspended. I know Randle/Benjamin/Reed/Ertz/Woodhead are safely ahead of him in my rankings, but my trust for Alf Morris is almost zero right now, especially in PPR.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Somebody just took the New England defense 5th overall in the draft I'm in right now
    That might be the craziest one I've heard.

David Gilreath at 49(One pick ahead of Keenan Allen) and Sebastian Janikowski at 36 are probably bigger reaches than that, but they weren't first rounders. At least the Patriots D is being drafted in all leagues, those guys aren't.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

cooks went off the board somewhere between gordon and pitta of my picks. thats 104-112. and that league is non ppr, which is why morris and khiry were even draftable to me. tonight i start a run on normaler drafts, 12 team ppr are all of my remaining teams.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ah, never seen a non-PPR league for you, so that was why I assumed.

You took Gordon over Cooks, though? I don't really like Cooks, and I wouldn't even consider that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i underestimated the rest of the league honestly. all it took was one, and thats what happened, but i definitely figured cooks would slip. hopefully hes a non factor the first couple weeks and gets dropped. im also only expecting 8 games for gordon, its taking way too long for them to suspend him the whole year. needless to say he'll be out the whole year the day after i draft him in every league.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

did anyone start a league?

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast