Thread: before the waiver deadline tonight...peavy, eovaldi, buehrle or minor?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

before the waiver deadline tonight...peavy, eovaldi, buehrle or minor?

since this worked so well last time... and im not joking, duensing and moscoso have blown since last time, at least de la rosa gave me 1 decent start (and 1 shit start, admittedly), before he blew out his arm.

peavy looked great vs minnesota today, and his last start vs the yankees i actually watched, and after a rough 1st 2 innings, he settled down and shut us down (which admittedly, is the m.o. of the yankees, so its tough to use that as a gauge).

eovaldi had a nice little line in his debut last night, and he hit triple digits in double a a couple times this year, so hes intriguing as shit.

i had jurrjens (still do, but hes on the dl), so minor would essentially be a spot for spot trade, but he wasnt all that impressive earlier on. im just wondering if maybe time in the minors will have done him good.

and buerhle is buerhle... he just keeps plugging along doing what hes been doing for years. his era is in the low 3s, but the white sox are fairly mediocre and he gets no strikeouts. blake beaven falls here too... his era is looking really beautiful, but he produces minimal ks, and hes on the mariners.

so go go make my decision for me!!! im leaning eovaldi perfectly honest, but i hate to judge a guy on one start, just to see him get rocked over the next 2 when somebody sneaks in and steals peavy as he pitches brilliantly down the stretch.

oh and player rating over the past 15 days... has luke hochevar as the number 1 guy available in the league. mark buerhle is 2nd... if that helps/matters to anyone.

Re: before the waiver deadline tonight...peavy, eovaldi, buehrle or minor?

I picked up Peavy to replace Jurrjens while he's on the DL...he looked good today, so I'd say grab him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i ended up grabbing eovaldi, especially since i found out hes matched up against houston next start. nobody grabbed peavy or buehrle, though somebody put a claim in for buehrle, but grabbed joe saunders instead for some reason.

i also grabbed giavotella and dumped carlos guillen. second base is such a weak position if you dont have a cano, pedroia or utley, so im trying someone new every week as my backup. jemile weeks has been my starter since his 4th game in the league.

Kendrick has been solid for me - no Cano, but still.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dustin Ackley has been sexy

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Get Lawrie, he is 2B eligible

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ackley and lawrie were stashed on rosters since the draft.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mighty Justin Turner?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

hes not available anymore... i had my shot at him after his first week or two, but i thought he was a fluke. perfectly honest though, im not saddened by weeks. no power, but i have plenty of that... he scores runs and steals bases, two things i dont have enough of, especially since erick aybars gone in the tank. if giavotella can provide both, that would be sweet... but if he sucks, i can always pick up one of my shitboxes i had before, guillen or beckham.

best 2b eligible names available are... beckham, izturis, odog, ocab, theriot, raburn, guillen and jeff keppinger. best pr over the past 15 days are andino, carroll, rodriguez, sizemore, odog and cairo. figured id take my chances on giavotella maybe being decent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wait, he scores runs? We're talking about Oakland here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

valid point... he scores enough runs that makes it worth my while... 25 in 52 games. that for a full season would be about 80, right? that works for me. and his batting average isnt hurting me... .290 works at 2nd base, especially when you start the season with brian roberts and freddy sanchez.