View Poll Results: to be insane or not to be, that is your problem and not mine

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would still want my team to trade for Lee w/Bradley.

2 40.00%
  • I wouldn't want the trade to happen.

3 60.00%

Thread: Hypothetical real life trade scenario... poll...question..thread..thingy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Question Hypothetical real life trade scenario... poll...question..thread..thingy.

Yeah, so, this is just pretend of course. Or maybe, wait for it, FANTASY BASEBALL. Oh my. If the sad sack Seattle Mariners decided to consider offers for Cliff Lee, and really look into trading him if they got a good offer, would you.. trade for Lee?

And here's the catch. I mentioned in a thread before. Would you still trade for Mr. Lee if you HAD to take on Milton Bradley as well?

And go.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Hypothetical real life trade scenario... poll...question..thread..thingy.

I can't foresee any realistic scenario that involves Milton Bradley playing for Bud Black again.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Come to think of it, Milty would bring something back to the table that Kemp and Loney just don't have: street cred.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But seriously, you have to believe packaging Bradley's contract with Lee would only lower the M's asking price, so if you have the payroll space for an overpriced part-time outfielder then the deal for Lee is worth it. But I'm sure it is realistically not as simple as it seems.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No, nothing is ever simple in professional baseball. Too many talking heads with power to complicate things. My basis for this question isn't even truly the Lee-Bradley angle, it's in general. What if you had a chance to acquire a player that would easily make you a favorite, more of a favorite, or a contender at the very least BUT you also had to take on somewhat significant salary in a headcase/borderline team cancer. Is it worth potentially destroying chemistry, putting the spotlight on the clubhouse, being headlines for the wrong reasons, etc. for a stronger chance at the playoffs or World Series? We know Bradley can hit, he has talent, he's a patient hitter typically. He just hasn't been since Texas.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, I lamented Gary Sheffield's departure from LA despite that he threw teammates under the bus, was always *****ing to the front office about a new contract, and later accused Joe Torre of being a racist. Bradley did call Eric Wedge a racist and he has issues but overall hasn't divided the clubhouse wherever he has gone to. It's just that if you have to count on him to carry your club, he'll let you down.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll see your Milton Bradley's path of destruction and raise you Jamie McCourt as a team cancer. I hate that ***** so much.