3 33.33%
  • Foster

2 22.22%
  • Hardy Blonde

1 11.11%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see provide realmofotalk-esque commentary on their team?

MLB ERA

Re: Who would you like to see provide realmofotalk-esque commentary on their team?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    ljshorty89. Because it would be the Mets.
    I'm actually a little surprised that you're the only one to vote for me thus far. The fact that I'm a Mets fan would make that honesty and scathing criticism more frequent and easy. I opened this thread and figured I'd be a choice, although, I'm sure it has a lot to do with my disappearance.

MLB ERA

Re: Who would you like to see provide realmofotalk-esque commentary on their team?

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I guarantee nobody here has had it worse as a baseball fan than I do. It's one thing to watch your team lose, but it's another to watch your team get ****ed over by the patron saint of this forum (Why couldn't it have been someone unimportant like Greg Dobbs instead?) and then watch your most hated team steamroll the very team that had KO'd yours the last two years, en route to their first World Series championship. This is hell to a frustrated fan.
    Like seeing your team get beat on the last day of the season to epically choke two years in a row, then see the team you hate most win your division three straight years, win a World Series, then lose a 2nd World Series to your second most hated team (ALL WHILE LIVING WITH YANKEES AND PHILLIES FANS), then spending the next two years being convinced that problems are solved and the team will rebound only to finish below .500?

MLB ERA

How about having a team that's not supposed to be any good win and stay in first just long enough to manage to get your hopes up and then go on a 10 game losing streak so they can hand the division over to the Giants?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    How about having a team that's not supposed to be any good win and stay in first just long enough to manage to get your hopes up and then go on a 10 game losing streak so they can hand the division over to the Giants?
    I mean, the Mets were there too Leo. We were just 5 games out of the division in July. We didn't have a September choke (this year). I feel your pain, but I'd say Mets fans have it damn rough.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I mean, the Mets were there too Leo. We were just 5 games out of the division in July. We didn't have a September choke (this year). I feel your pain, but I'd say Mets fans have it damn rough.
    But you were still expecting to compete that year.

It takes special talent to enter the season as an expected cellar dweller and still find a way to get everyone's hopes up enough to dash them.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I guarantee nobody here has had it worse as a baseball fan than I do. It's one thing to watch your team lose, but it's another to watch your team get ****ed over by the patron saint of this forum (Why couldn't it have been someone unimportant like Greg Dobbs instead?) and then watch your most hated team steamroll the very team that had KO'd yours the last two years, en route to their first World Series championship. This is hell to a frustrated fan.
    See Mariners, Seattle.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    But you were still expecting to compete that year.

It takes special talent to enter the season as an expected cellar dweller and still find a way to get everyone's hopes up enough to dash them.
    When I said we were 5 games out in July, that was THIS year. When we were never expecting to compete. And our 2007 (and arguably 2008) chokes trump your choke this year.

MLB ERA

And obviously I'm loving every single moment of this, especially so I can rub it in into my douche bag ****ing cousin's face who's a Laker and a Dodger fan!!!!

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Could be worse for you all, your team could be screwed because it's value is in "Canadian Dollars."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Like seeing your team get beat on the last day of the season to epically choke two years in a row, then see the team you hate most win your division three straight years, win a World Series, then lose a 2nd World Series to your second most hated team (ALL WHILE LIVING WITH YANKEES AND PHILLIES FANS), then spending the next two years being convinced that problems are solved and the team will rebound only to finish below .500?
    Didn't I already mention that my team lost to those Phillies in the two years that they went to the World Series? Matt ****ing Stairs was an afterthought until he cemented his B/S patron saint status by turning Jonathan Broxton into the reincarnation of Tom Niedenfuer. And whereas you got to enjoy the Phillies finally get toppled in the NLCS this year, I felt like slitting my wrists watching the Giants walk over the Phillies like it was a ****ing rose garden.

Add the ****ing McCourt divorce (He's $600 million in the hole, she wants a $400 million nest egg) and I'll be spending the next two years waiting for just the off-the-field issues to be solved. On the field, it's already a given that they'll finish below .500 with a retard at GM and little spending money.

MLB ERA

Didn't I already mention that my team lost to those Phillies in the two years that they went to the World Series? Matt ****ing Stairs was an afterthought until he cemented his B/S patron saint status by turning Jonathan Broxton into the reincarnation of Tom Niedenfuer. And whereas you got to enjoy the Phillies finally get toppled in the NLCS this year, I felt like slitting my wrists watching the Giants walk over the Phillies like it was a ****ing rose garden.

Add the ****ing McCourt divorce (He's $600 million in the hole, she wants a $400 million nest egg) and I'll be spending the next two years waiting for just the off-the-field issues to be solved. On the field, it's already a given that they'll finish below .500 with a retard at GM and little spending money.
    You made the playoffs in those years.

And as for off the field stuff, don't get me started on all the drama surrounding the Madoff fiasco.

You may have it worse this year, but over the last 5 years...no comparison in my mind.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Your Mets swept the Bums in the playoffs 5 seasons ago. Remember Jeff Kent and J.D. Drew getting tagged out at the plate one right after another? What a joke.

Again:
    Quote Originally Posted by molly_knight
    Kudos to the Giants' rotation for crushing the NLCS and World Series. Re-opens the wounds from the Dodgers '08 and '09 implosions..Woof.

MLB ERA

Your Mets swept the Bums in the playoffs 5 seasons ago. Remember Jeff Kent and J.D. Drew getting tagged out at the plate one right after another? What a joke.

Again:
    Yeah, I remember the two guys being tagged out at home. Do you remember Endy Chavez' catch saying there was no way the Mets would lose NLCS Game 7, only to have D-Bag Aaron Heilman give up a BOMB to ****ing YADIER MOLINA in the 9th? Then, the Mets mount a rally, have the tying runs in scoring position, and Carlos Beltran strikes out looking on 3 pitches?

Correct, the Mets beat the Dodgers in the NLDS in 2006....then lost a heartbreaking NLCS game 7 to the 82-80 Cardinals. Then the 7 game lead with 17 games to go choke. Then choking a 3 game lead in the final week or so of the season the year after that. Then a 92 loss season where 21 different players ended up on the DL. Then this year where we had no expectations, were in contention after the ASB, then died down the stretch.

Meanwhile, the Dodgers have won the division twice since 2006 ended, and have made it to the NLCS each time. Is it a fairy tale for Dodgers fans, absolutely not. But I don't think it's near what Mets fans have dealt with. But if you still beg to differ, we'll just agree to disagree.

MLB ERA

At least the Mets made it to the NLCS.

The Padres snuck into the playoffs with 83 wins in 2005....swept out

Then they won with a more respectable record the next year against a better division....swept out.

Then they had a better record the following year only to blow it in the infamous Matt Holliday touching home plate incident in game 163.

Then, after a couple years in the gutter, they have what appears to be an amazing season with everything going their way. But, as it turns out, they were just trying to get everyone's hopes up and blew it in the end.

The Padres' two best seasons by win-total since their WS year in 1998 have both ended in them going home once the playoffs started.

MLB ERA

I forgot to add, I get to watch yet another former San Diego mainstay win a championship in another uniform. (Bochy)

The writing is on the wall that the Jets win the Super Bowl this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast