Thread: Alex Gordon sucks

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Alex Gordon sucks

Worst draft pick ever!!!

Even Richie freaking Sexson is hitting above .200!! Damnit!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Alex Gordon sucks

Worst draft pick for me was Edwin Encarnacion.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Well.. if you wasted anything before round 20 on a risk pick... it would inherently be bad... but if you took a late round flier on either, it was still not a bad pick, as long as you were not starting them and you recognized other hot players to replace them with (Pence, Looper, etc)
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Well.. if you wasted anything before round 20 on a risk pick... it would inherently be bad... but if you took a late round flier on either, it was still not a bad pick, as long as you were not starting them and you recognized other hot players to replace them with (Pence, Looper, etc)
    Basically what I did, except that Garrett Atkins was my starter so I'm getting no production out of 3B. Couple that w/ Pujols having a bad year, Bill Hall not playing like last year and Felipe Lopez deciding not to steal bases and I've got the worst offense in the league.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

MLB ERA

I'm just the opposite.... in the league I had Atkins, I was covered by a mid round pick in Chipper Jones.... before Jones got hurt, I had traded Atkins for Beltre and David Weathers... now with Jones hurt, Beltre is filling in OK

In the league where I had drafted Encarnacion in the very late rounds, one I dropped him for Hunter Pence, the other I dropped him for BJ Upton...

I just kept quick on the draw... some of my risk late round picks I have done great with.... and the others I have done well with their replacements.... now if injuries would only leave me alone.... I'd be in even better shape than I am in now....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    I'm just the opposite.... in the league I had Atkins, I was covered by a mid round pick in Chipper Jones.... before Jones got hurt, I had traded Atkins for Beltre and David Weathers... now with Jones hurt, Beltre is filling in OK

In the league where I had drafted Encarnacion in the very late rounds, one I dropped him for Hunter Pence, the other I dropped him for BJ Upton...

I just kept quick on the draw... some of my risk late round picks I have done great with.... and the others I have done well with their replacements.... now if injuries would only leave me alone.... I'd be in even better shape than I am in now....
    I'm starting to get things turned around. I picked up Hunter Pence and dropped Gordon. I've kept Atkins around b/c I can't believe he won't break out of this, but I picked up Casey Blake (1B, OF, 3B) who has been red hot and is a great bet in that Indians lineup. Then I benefitted from someone just dropping Michael Young who I think will play better after a cold start, so I'm going w/ a SS/3B rotation of Blake, Felipe Lopez, Michael Young, Bill Hall, and Atkins. Not great, not terrible, but it gets me by until Atkins and Pujols can start stepping it up.

The pitching staff of Peavy, Bedard, King Felix, Harang, Oliver Perez, and Halladay is what's keeping me in it though.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

wow Gordon actually got a hit today, 1-for-5 outing that actually raised his batting average.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

4-for-4 with 2 runs scored!!!