Thread: Trade

Trade

What do you think of this trade?

I would trade away Justin Morneau, Ichiro, and Jason Schmidt and would get Ryan Howard and Scott Rolan.

It's tempting but I'm thinking I should hold on to what I have. Howard might be a stud and it'd be great to team him with Albert, but if he falls off any and Morneau continues from where he left off then they are close to the same. Rolan would be good and an upgrade for me, but his injury past scares me. The main thing is losing Schmidt for I think he's going to have a very good year.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I wouldn't do it. Rolen scares me with injuries and the 3 you're giving up are too good to get only Howard and Rolen back IMO.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It all depends on who you have at third base, and I doubt Rolen would be that much of an upgrade, giving how deep 3B is. Morneau to Howard isn't THAT much of an an upgrade, although Schmidt is easily replaced.

I would kindly decline and kindly wait for a counter offer.

Thanks for the input. I am going with my original instinct, which has been backed by your opinions, and decline it. The guy was looking to dump Howard and I told him to make an offer. In the end I agree that Howard isn't that big of an upgrade over Morneau. While I like Rolen and getting him would allow me to move Bill Hall to SS and dump Orlando Cabrera, his injury history scares me. Jaun Rivera was the player I was going to pick up to replace Ichiro. But after all that I figure mildly gaining in HR's and RBI's isn't worth what I'd lose in Avg. and steals. I guess if Alex Gordan does well I should be okay. Plus like I said, I think Schmidt is in for a big year.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Juan Rivera is out for a couple of months, no? So what good would that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Juan Rivera is out for a couple of months, no? So what good would that do you?
    You are right and thanks for the info. Stupid Yahoo doesn't have that stated at all. I have found that CBSsports online is way better for information.