Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge My Trade

Judge My Trade

I'm just curious what everyone thinks of the trade I made, though I suspect most will think I got the wrong end of the deal.

I got Manny Rameriz
    I traded Chris Carpenter and Lance Berkman

The deal was basically Carpenter for Manny. I threw in Berkman since he was the guy I was going to cut when I got Manny anyway just to make it look better. I like Berkman, but would rather have Manny. As for Carpenter, I missed the draft and got him in the 4th round, and had I remembered the draft I wouldn't have drafted him there anyway. I know he's a good pitcher but I'm not too high on him for some reason. This league is slanted slightly to hitters as well.

MLB ERA
    You definetly got shafted. Should have asked for a decent pitcher at least

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cut Berkman? If he's healthy the entire season, he'll put up pretty good numbers.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Cut Berkman? If he's healthy the entire season, he'll put up pretty good numbers.
    Yeah I know, but he was my worst outfielder I had and I got Pujols for 1b. This league has only one utility spot and I have Travis Hafner there. Like I said, I like Berkman but like you said, "if he's healthy"

You definetly got shafted. Should have asked for a decent pitcher at least
    The only pitchers he has worth trading for is Clemens, Sheets, and Nathan. He may have traded Clemens, who knows, but I didn't want him sitting there until he decides to play or not. Plus there are plenty of pitchers on free agency, granted none as proven as Carpenter.

I didn't really have to make the trade and figured I might be at the wrong end with other's perceptions. For some reason though, I have a bad feeling with Carpenter. I guess basically I'm wondering what people's perception of Carpenter is.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dang. How big is this league anyways? Cause if players like Lance Berkman are available in free agency, it can't be that deep. I'm guessing a 6-team league? If that's the case, you win by getting Manny.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Assuming the scoring is similar to what I use or providence a's uses, Manny will prolly double Carpenter in points. So it's a good deal unless Berkman goes off.
    Ted

12 teams. Someone cut Bobby Crosby though and I'm going to pick him up, I have Peralta at SS now. I usually don't carry any extra bench players because it's a waste unless you have an injured player. But I've always had the knack of picking up the right guy when that happens and there are some decent players on the free agency like always.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Crosby left with a bruised finger.
    Ted

Assuming the scoring is similar to what I use or providence a's uses, Manny will prolly double Carpenter in points. So it's a good deal unless Berkman goes off.

It's a head to head league with one more hitting category than pitching category. Right now I'm carrying 12 pitchers and 9 position players and like normal nobody else is doing that. I don't have any of the top line pitchers, unless Jason Schmidt rebounds, but it seems I hardly ever do anyway. My depth usually covers that.

Crosby left with a bruised finger.

What's his prognosis? I'm hoping to pick him up with I put Sabathia on the DL to save from cutting someone.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He stayed in for a little bit, but it swelled up so he left the game. It's... not even a game, so I'm sure they took him out just as a precaution.
    Ted

...how the **** is your worst OF Lance Berkman in a 12 team league?

Seriously, what is the set-up and scoring style, it has to be seriously messed up for Berkman to be FA bait
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He has Pujols at first and Hafner, he might have gotten lucky and drafted a loaded outfield. Further loaded with Manny of course.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Its a good deal if Carpenter DOESNT repeat this season. if not i just dont see where this helps you. Berkman was money after the AS Break.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

No, bro, you definintely got shafted.

What's your OF?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast