Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

MLB ERA

Re: 2018 NFL Draft

I love the draft and I almost never miss it... But I'm missing it tonight for Infinity War.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    I love the draft and I almost never miss it... But I'm missing it tonight for Infinity War.
    If Jets draft Allen then I'm blaming you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkits View Post
    If Jets draft Allen then I'm blaming you.

its rosen. im reasonably certain, even if darnold is on the board. i still have zero clue what the giants are thinking, even though most of the media puppets think its saquon. im still leaning darnold myself.

MLB ERA

Your list is upside down.

No its not, he's already had multiple concussions at UCLA. And the media hides his flaws for a media story.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    No its not, he's already had multiple concussions at UCLA. And the media hides his flaws for a media story.
    Sure it is. What good is 80 yard passes if you can't even complete 20 yard passes.

TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA

Sure it is. What good is 80 yard passes if you can't even complete 20 yard passes.

I'll just leave what I said earlier and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Josh Allen has the highest ceiling, he also has the highest bust rate which means he's probably ending up in the places QBs go to die... Jets or Cleveland.

I'm glad Oakland doesn't need a qb.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i love allen, hes my top qb, but ive argued the merits way too often to get into a big argument about it right now, while im still trying to come to conclusions on my mock. ill just say if a. allen threw as many dumpoffs and screen passes as the rest of them, and b. all his teammates werent lining up jobs at used car lots right now, we wouldnt be talking about his completion percentage.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1. CLE - Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

The secret was finally revealed. I'd like to say I hate John Dorsey for giving me 6 weeks of unneeded stress.

2. NYG - Sam Darnold, QB USC

I still think it would be a terrible, Jets-like, mistake for the Giants to pass on a franchise QB, when they're in a position to grab one. The Giants have been very hushed about this pick, most of the media puppets think it's Saquon, but I stick with the pick I've had all along in Darnold. I'll openly say, I think the pick is Chubb if they don't go QB, as well.

3. NYJ - Josh Rosen, QB UCLA

So the fun rumors today are the Jets favor Rosen over Darnold, even if Darnold falls to them. I would've been fine with either of them, after I pretty much came to the conclusion that Allen was never really in the conversation. At least it's not Mayfield. In all seriousness, Rosen is my number 2 QB in this draft, and aside from the concussions, I don't see any major concerns with him. Of course, concussions are a major concern in their own right. But the NFL is becoming a league where you can barely touch the QB, so it's not as terrible as it was perhaps 10 years ago.

4. CLE - Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State

At least they still end up with the number 1 overall talent.

5. DEN - Bradley Chubb, EDGE NC State

Elway BPA. I really just love the fit here.

6. BUF (f. IND) - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming

More fun rumors from throughout the day, is that a team purposely leaked those Allen tweets to get him to drop in the draft. Buffalo and Cleveland were the teams linked with Allen most. Buffalo ends up getting their guy.

7. TB - Derwin James, SS Florida State

I switched off Fitzpatrick here, just a feeling I've been getting. A couple weeks ago I read about Fitzpatrick potentially dropping some because teams didn't know what position he was going to play in the NFL. Around the same time, the hype on Derwin started booming. Tampa takes a Florida kid.

8. CHI - Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame

The Bears hired the Notre Dame OLine coach over the offseason. You know he's going to be banging the door for the safest pick in the draft. And with all the weapons they got Trubisky in the offseason, further protecting him seems a logical next step.

9. SF - Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech

I've been hearing for weeks he's their guy. I think Josh Allen, him and Marcus Davenport have the highest ceilings in this draft. Edmunds is a ton safer than those other two, however.

10. OAK - Roquan Smith, LB Georgia

Another logical match. Oakland's been in on him since just about the day Gruden got hired.

11. MIA - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS Alabama

Miami doesn't get their QB on the offensive side of the ball, but they get one on the defensive side. The smartest non-QB in this draft, and arguably the smartest overall player.

12. IND (f. BUF) - Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State

Indy needs to collect talent in the worst way. This seems like a trade up spot for some team... eh hem, Berto... who wants to get Vita Vea. But if teams value Ward as much as the pundits do, it might be too much talent for them to trade down again.

13. WAS - Vita Vea, DT Washington

Natural fit.

14. GB - Marcus Davenport, EDGE UTSA

Allegedly they're trying desperately to get up and get one of the DBs. I don't see a fit where they can move up, as player/team matches just seem to fall in place. Which means something crazy is going to happen to destroy all my plans.

15. ARI - Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville

Sticking with this. I expect Lamar gone in the first half of the round.

16. BAL - DJ Moore, WR Maryland

I've changed the player, kept the position, but this is one I'm honestly shaky on. This is Ozzie's last draft, and he's a notorious front 7 drafter. Landry is rising... eh. Major need at WR for Baltimore though, so I'll roll the dice.

17. LAC - Da'Ron Payne, DT Alabama

They need to stop the run in the worst way.

18. NE (f. SEA) - Harold Landry, EDGE Boston College

Just seems like a natural fit. The Patriots love to move around the draft, they have a ton of picks to play around with, and as I mentioned, Landry is rising rapidly. I've actually seen him as high as 8 to the Bears now.

19. DAL - Courtland Sutton, WR Southern Methodist

I just don't trust Leighton Vander Esch. I don't like the player, I already know that teams took him off their board because of a college neck injury, and my second favorite draft pundit, behind myself, Mike Mayock kinda talked me into Dallas going WR.

20. DET - Derrius Guice, RB LSU

Bizarre draft story aside, he seems to be rising back up boards. And with Sony Michel allegedly having a bone on bone knee predicament that teams are already scared of him ever playing a second NFL contract, Guice seems to be the clear cut number 2 RB.

21. CIN - James Daniels, C Iowa

I'll stick with it. Frank Ragnow is getting a lot of play in the first round now. I have him later in the round though.

22. IND (f. BUF) - Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama

Collecting talent. Hyped as a top 10 pick a long, long time ago, he's still got fans around the league. Strikes me as a Jarvis Landry type, that should work well with Luck.

23. SEA (f. NE) - Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville

His stock has been up and down the whole time, Seattle needs picks, and guys in the secondary. My number 1 corner.

24. CAR - Isaiah Wynn, OL Georgia

Replaces Norwell with a versatile guy who can play inside or out.

25. TEN - DJ Chark, WR LSU

Talent collecting. Give Mariota some more weapons to work with.

26. ATL - Taven Bryan, DT Florida

This is a badly kept secret, Atlanta covets him, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to make sure they get him. I'm not the biggest fan of the player, so he falls to them here.

27. NO - Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma State

I'm expecting Rudolph off the board tonight for one reason, and one reason only. The 5th year option. Why look at a QB you're going to sit for at least 2 years, for 4 years, when you can look at him for 5? Sean Payton is a QB whisperer, and two years behind Drew Brees couldn't possibly hurt. And if Brees decides to play longer, they'll get trade bait out of it.

28. PIT - Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama

This seems like a badly kept secret as well. You can be assured they'll be staying away from Vander Esch's neck problems in replacing Shazier.

29. JAX - Will Hernandez, OG UTEP

Power run game, meet power run blocker.

30. MIN - Frank Ragnow, OL Arkansas

A name gaining steam over the last couple days, the Patriots allegedly covet him, but I didn't want to get too crazy with the trades. Vikings needs lots of interior OLine help, Ragnow can play either Guard spot or Center.

31. NE - Connor Williams, OT Texas

La'Adrian Waddle is their Left Tackle. Enough said.

32. PHI - Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame

I'm not sure who I like as a trade partner here, so I kinda doubled down. The Eagles need a LT replacement for Peters eventually, and I could also see a team trading up in front of the Browns to keep them from getting a LT. McGlinchey is gaining steam, I'm giving the credit entirely to Mayock because he seems to be the only person on the planet who loves him in the top half of the round, but whatever. Team Mayock forever.

lets do it pals.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

oh and if you wanna be in a mock draft contest... theres no trades, so its just straight player/team matche..

NFL.com - Predict the Pick - 2018 NFL Draft
    password: rosen

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Putting aside my Jackson boner as much as I can, well, ehhh damn it is difficult but 1. Darnold 2. Rosen 3. Baker 4. Jackson 5. Allen 6. Rudolph as current rankings.

I have zero hopes for Allen so honestly could see anyone else not really being named having a better career. Rosen, Mayfield if he turns out to not be a closet alcoholic and Jackson are my picks to be the guys ten years from now. Hopefully realmofo or Leo can bump this in 2028
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Wow this is ballsy by Cleveland. I like it, something’s different with Mayfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Broncos should draft Nick Chubb later on.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Trade down and STILL get Edmunds OR James!!! Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sorry Mofo but the Chargers made a real nice pick.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Get EVERYTHING right. Have one of the premier ILB that you've needed since Greg GD Biekert left (sans the short time Bowman was in Oakland) and you take a skinny tall dude who catches more defenders in pass blocking than tight ends catch footballs. He needs a COMPLETE REBUILD of his pass blocking technique to be anything. I hope the coaching staff knows what they're doing but this reminds me of the Hayden draft.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast