Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Carousel aka 2018 Season

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: QB Carousel aka 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Makes sense.

For the record I don't think Cousins would be a good signing for the money he'll likely command.
    nor do i. which is why i said i loved the idea of front loading his deal, so by the time the team who signs him (lets say the jets in this case) is ready to compete, his biggest cap hit will be out of the way, and we can put a quality team around him. since i dont expect kirk cousins to turn into a hall of fame qb any time soon.

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

I just don't trust the Jets to make the right choice in the draft. Just this regime alone spent picks on Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.

That's why Cousins makes sense. I get that he's a B quarterback, and will probably never be an A quarterback. Except for 1998, and 2002 I've never seen a C Quarterback.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

petty for a 4th rounder... i dont care about that. its rare to find qbs on the 3rd day of the draft, but you still gotta take a fliers. and its not like 4th round picks have a high success rate at any other position, its worth a shot sometimes.

HOWEVER... to more or less agree with your point... geno in the 2nd was shaky, hackenberg in the 2nd was particularly brutal. and its not like either of these things werent known before the draft... geno was better suited to sit behind a vet quarterback, and hackenberg was in the 3rd day flier range, purely on what he did as a freshman at penn state. and i feel like every draft pundit in the world knew both of those things. so why didnt the jets?

the only thing is, its a new regime. and maccagnan, to his credit, has made mostly the right moves so far. now, there hasnt been a large body of work. but i think he hit a home run on adams, and got at least a double out of maye (and although im not a fan of the player personally, getting production out of a 6th rounder in mcguire is very nice as well). he didnt panic trade richardson, and ended up with a 2nd rounder and a productive receiver for him. whether he decides on cousins, or gets a qb in the draft, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. for now. unless its mayfield, who i think is a total waste as a pro qb.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I had to look up 2002. Lamont Jordan, now there's a random guy I forgot about
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    petty for a 4th rounder... i dont care about that. its rare to find qbs on the 3rd day of the draft, but you still gotta take a fliers. and its not like 4th round picks have a high success rate at any other position, its worth a shot sometimes.

HOWEVER... to more or less agree with your point... geno in the 2nd was shaky, hackenberg in the 2nd was particularly brutal. and its not like either of these things werent known before the draft... geno was better suited to sit behind a vet quarterback, and hackenberg was in the 3rd day flier range, purely on what he did as a freshman at penn state. and i feel like every draft pundit in the world knew both of those things. so why didnt the jets?

the only thing is, its a new regime. and maccagnan, to his credit, has made mostly the right moves so far. now, there hasnt been a large body of work. but i think he hit a home run on adams, and got at least a double out of maye (and although im not a fan of the player personally, getting production out of a 6th rounder in mcguire is very nice as well). he didnt panic trade richardson, and ended up with a 2nd rounder and a productive receiver for him. whether he decides on cousins, or gets a qb in the draft, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. for now. unless its mayfield, who i think is a total waste as a pro qb.
    There's been other solid moves.

Trading Calvin Pryor for the return of Demario Davis. As well as finding Robby Anderson (Unless he continues his trend of being the next Aaron Hernandez).

It's just the fact that he took a 6th round qb in Hackenberg in the 2nd round is what scares the crap out of me.

Last edited by Bizkit; 02-22-2018 at 12:10 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i take back everything i said. i don't know why i forgot (or blocked out) that he was in charge of the lee/hackenberg draft. i change my opinion, he's definitely taking mayfield so just give cousins part ownership of the team to get him to sign.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i think they're gonna end up cutting robby too. they've done so much last offseason and will continue this year to clean up the locker room, i just got a feeling.

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

He's definitely no John Idzik. I'll give him that... lol

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    i do not. i dont expect the jets to go after him either. i expect them to go hard after cousins, and when they fail, theyll bring back mccown and use number 6 on whoevers there. probably mayfield or allen, because i dont care for either one of them.

i expect teddy and keenum to go back to minnesota. cousins to denver, bortles to jacksonville. bradford seems like a fit for arizona, with a first rounder for them. cleveland gets mccarron and uses number 1 on darnold or rosen. tannehill gets another year with miami, because what other choice do they have... jay cutler again? foles stays in philly, unless they get a stupid offer of draft picks (jets are definitely in play here too, because yay!). i honestly have no idea on tyrod... maybe tannehill insurance in miami? maybe a nice backup deal with seattle, seems like he would be a logical fit there if something ever happened to wilson.

and ill go darnold to cleveland, rosen to the giants, mayfield to the jets, allen to the cards, lamar to buffalo, rudolph drops further than expected and ends up as a second rounder on a team with an aging qb... new england? new orleans?
    Vikings clearing the deck to go after Cousins... I thought that would be a solid choice for him.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Vikings have something the Jets don't, and that is talent. That may be more attractive to Cousins than the money the Jets could offer him. I felt a little better about adding him when our only real competition was Denver who doesn't have the money to afford him.

One thing to the Jets benefit though is: Would you rather play in a division with Brady who is over 40 or Rodgers who has a lot of years left.

MLB ERA

I think it's funny how over the past couple years the Vikings have gone from having one future QB to one decently good QB to no QBs to ok maybe they have a good one to three QBs to no QB and perusing Cousins.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

I think it's funny how over the past couple years the Vikings have gone from having one future QB to one decently good QB to no QBs to ok maybe they have a good one to three QBs to no QB and perusing Cousins.
    I wonder what it's like to maybe have a good one.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Their carousel has been interesting to say the least.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why one of these teams looking for an elite QB hasn't made an aggressive approach to get Drew Brees from shithole New Orleans, yet in baseball I watch one-team guys like Verlander and McCutchen go to the fucking Astros and the fucking Giants.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 03-03-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

So I guess its down to Vikings/Jets for Cousins with Minnesota the likely favorite.

Last edited by Bizkit; 03-06-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast