Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NFL Playoffs: Round 3

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: NFL Playoffs: Round 3

It's 11 of 12 balls, who else would have done it. If you let them play they are in a lose-lose situation. If they lose the Superbowl then it shows that they can't win if they can't cheat (true or not). If they win the Superbowl then there will be critics who figure they found a way to cheat regardless. The Colts got beat bad and if anyone is going to argue that those balls did anything to effect that game will just like silly. Should the Ravens get in? Not unless the same thing happened in that Divisional matchup (Brady was intercepted as well, but nothing about a deflated ball).

You can argue for a redo of the playoffs but that'll never happen. It's just like demanding for all those calls (missed or not) be changed as well. All you can do is move on and fix the problem from happening again. Ban Belichick for next year, take away a first rounder and hope nothing else pops up, but there will likely be other teams and players looking to find a loop hole or push the limit of the rules.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    Everyone is screaming integrity, but those who've admitted or has to been known to done something should be reprimanded with the same hate as well. Give Oakland their Superbowl, Give Pittsburgh their Superbowl. Vacate wins. Do it all!
    The NFL DOES have an integrity problem, much like boxing did. If they don't fix the problems (meaning multiple) with the sport (NCAA and NFL) I see it becoming the new boxing and continue being played as a niche sport within my lifetime. The NFL is not going to go the NCAA archaic route and make them vacate anything. I think the hammer needs to fall on three guys to send the message that this *$(# will NOT be tolerated...

Roger the Clown, Bob Kraft, and Bill Beli-cheat. NBA JUST railroaded a guy for what he said. The Clown NEEDS to be gone, he has been an unmitigated PR stooge. Bob Kraft needs to go, they suspended an owner for a DUI, ignorance is not a defense to something happening right under your nose (If you can prove the order came from him to deflate he needs BANNED). Bill Beli cheat needs to be SUSPENDED as well, this is the SECOND time he has been CAUGHT in the act, ignorance is NOT a defense.

The NFL also needs to redo their entire game day practices.
    Ball People are employees of NFL not the teams.
    The entire process of officiating needs to be redone.
    Rules streamlined so that you don't have garbage like the Snow Job, the Calvin Johnson Rule bite you in the ass WITH THE ENTIRE nation watching.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    The NFL DOES have an integrity problem, much like boxing did. If they don't fix the problems (meaning multiple) with the sport (NCAA and NFL) I see it becoming the new boxing and continue being played as a niche sport within my lifetime. The NFL is not going to go the NCAA archaic route and make them vacate anything. I think the hammer needs to fall on three guys to send the message that this *$(# will NOT be tolerated...

Roger the Clown, Bob Kraft, and Bill Beli-cheat. NBA JUST railroaded a guy for what he said. The Clown NEEDS to be gone, he has been an unmitigated PR stooge. Bob Kraft needs to go, they suspended an owner for a DUI, ignorance is not a defense to something happening right under your nose (If you can prove the order came from him to deflate he needs BANNED). Bill Beli cheat needs to be SUSPENDED as well, this is the SECOND time he has been CAUGHT in the act, ignorance is NOT a defense.

The NFL also needs to redo their entire game day practices.
    Ball People are employees of NFL not the teams.
    The entire process of officiating needs to be redone.
    Rules streamlined so that you don't have garbage like the Snow Job, the Calvin Johnson Rule bite you in the ass WITH THE ENTIRE nation watching.

I don't look at what the NBA did about Sterling in this case, it's not related. The NBA has gone through it's own problems over the years like moving away from the ghetto/rap image, referees shaving points, and Donald Sterling's words. Two of those three has to do more with the social fabric of a game then what is going on in the NFL.

The Patriots were caught week 2 of their 18-1 season for spygate, lost their first round pick. Sean Payton and Greg Williams suffered suspensions/bans for their roles in Bounty-Gate.

The Patriots are now "caught" (waiting for the final word) deflating balls, which seems to be a non-issue with several ex-QBs, current players and coaches saying that others are doing it. Some possibly admitting to do something to the ball, but you want to only nail three people, I agree that anyone found guilty should be punished, but don't single out all your hate and tsk tsking on just a small few.

MLB ERA

The Patriots are now "caught" (waiting for the final word) deflating balls, which seems to be a non-issue with several ex-QBs, current players and coaches saying that others are doing it. Some possibly admitting to do something to the ball, but you want to only nail three people, I agree that anyone found guilty should be punished, but don't single out all your hate and tsk tsking on just a small few.
    Why do you think I take the responsibility away from the teams and make the ball people independent of the teams? You don't have the ability to affect the balls once they've been checked then Aaron Rodgers can't have it over inflated, Brad Johnson can't have someone deflate them going forward. They aren't going to vacate sheet (nor should they) but they need to address the problems that DIRECTLY affect how the product is viewed.

Goodell has been a nightmare the last year. He is completely out of touch, he's more worried about fining guys for end zone celebrations and cleat colors than guys beating women.

They set a precedent with Bounty Gate of 1 season and ignorance is not a defense for a coach.

They gave an owner (Indy ironically I think) a 8 game suspension for a DUI so suspending a boss for something would not be out of the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-21-2015 at 11:34 PM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Irsay had a DUI, the owner. The Broncos had a bunch of lushes too.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Why do you want Robert Kraft to be punished? What if he's completely hands off and just lets the coach and his team do their thing and just provides the resource a team needs. So even though Aaron Rodgers has the intention and possibly has it over overinflated that's ok because the referee lets air out of the ball? It's the same intention.

MLB ERA

Why do you want Robert Kraft to be punished? What if he's completely hands off and just lets the coach and his team do their thing and just provides the resource a team needs. So even though Aaron Rodgers has the intention and possibly has it over overinflated that's ok because the referee lets air out of the ball? It's the same intention.
    You're really grasping at straws. The ONLY time the referee has the ability to check the pressure is (as of right now) ~2 hours before the game in which they make sure the balls are properly inflated to meet with NFL Rule
    Ignorance isn't a defense and you are basing that on second hand information from Phil Simms.

Deflate-gate: Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated | NJ.com

He has said that he prefers to be on the high end not that he's gone beyond it. Because if you go too far beyond the "recommended" numbers you risk popping the ball.

"I always like to be on the high range because of my grip pressure. I just have a hard time throwing a flat football. The majority of the quarterbacks — I would say more than half — are on the other side of the spectrum and like it on the flatter side.

Those are Rodgers words.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Did any casual fan know of this damn rule before Sunday night?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Deflated balls sure didn't help Brady..juke..a defender. Colts D
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Should they only enforce rules that casual fans are aware of?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Should they only enforce rules that casual fans are aware of?
    yes.

Rookie ERA

Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789