Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs: Round 3

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: NFL Playoffs: Round 3

Matt Leinart ✔ @MattLeinartQB
    Follow

@SI_PeterKing Every Qb goes through the footballs days before game and handpick which ones they want!!!!!! They take air out or put air in!

shaun king ✔ @realshaunking
    Follow
    @BigCountyPreps1 non whatesoever EVERY qb alters the balls to fit their liking

Arian Foster, Matt Leinart, others downplay Deflategate | Larry Brown Sports

What would these backups know?

https://twitter.com/JerryRice/status/557756584563339265

The goat has spoken! I don't care about how much they won by against the Colts. They cheated and should be disqualified.

Ravens Vs Colts AFC title game winner faces the Seahawks in the Superbowl.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You should be DQed from the Internet but life goes on.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    You should be DQed from the Internet but life goes on.
    If it means DQing the Patriots I'll take one for the team.

In all seriousness they really shouldn't be allowed to play in the Superbowl if all of this is true.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    https://twitter.com/JerryRice/status/557756584563339265

The goat has spoken! I don't care about how much they won by against the Colts. They cheated and should be disqualified.

Ravens Vs Colts AFC title game winner faces the Seahawks in the Superbowl.
    Did they prove a similar scandal in the Ravens game? If not, then no redo for Baltimore.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Doesn't explain how the Colts couldn't score more then 7 pts in the first half, and 0 pts in the second half after the ball(s) was replaced. They also let in 3 rushing TDs, if the Colts were close to a win I'd consider it. Take the draft picks and move on, now no other QB will be able to defile balls in the future. Did Brad Johnson win the Superbowl by having someone take care of those footballs? Then shouldn't the Bucs lose that championship and give it to the Raiders?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Deflategate: Baltimore Ravens tipped off Indianapolis Colts about New England Patriots' deflating footballs | FOX Sports

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Did they prove a similar scandal in the Ravens game? If not, then no redo for Baltimore.
    The Baltimore Ravens tipped off the Indianapolis Colts going into the AFC title game about the Patriots doctoring the air in footballs, according to FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer.
    According to Glazer, the NFL was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, despite D'Qwell Jackson's interception originally being reported as the cause.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    Doesn't explain how the Colts couldn't score more then 7 pts in the first half, and 0 pts in the second half after the ball(s) was replaced. They also let in 3 rushing TDs, if the Colts were close to a win I'd consider it. Take the draft picks and move on, now no other QB will be able to defile balls in the future. Did Brad Johnson win the Superbowl by having someone take care of those footballs? Then shouldn't the Bucs lose that championship and give it to the Raiders?
    All of that is irrelevant IMO. They cheated and that's strike two. Slap on the wrist and let them cheat another day? Fuck that. The 2002 Superbowl, as much as I'd like that Lombardi to go to Oakland, that ship has sailed. They can still do something about this current situation.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Show anger towards everyone equally, don't just be a hater to be a hater...hater.

MLB ERA

Show anger towards everyone equally, don't just be a hater to be a hater...hater.
    If everyone were doing it, I'm sure many teams would have been caught IN THE ACT. At least TWICE.

I'd love to see the NBA have a situation like this, considering they just railroaded one owner for what he SAID. I'd love to see the hammer fall on someone openly (and getting caught) cheating TWICE. You are looking at the integrity of the game in this.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

You have other QBs saying that things are done to football, one that occurred in 2002 and was recounted in a story in 2012, you'd have thought the NFL would have taken more steps to controlling the footballs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...142642094.html

Tampa Bay Times reporter Rick Stroud recounted the story he originally published in 2012, when the 2002 Bucs were honored during the 10th anniversary of their championship season. Johnson told Stroud he shelled out $7,500 to ensure "the balls were scuffed and ready" when the title game kicked off in San Diego.

What about Aaron Rodgers possibly admitting to doing something to his balls?

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated | ProFootballTalk

Via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, at least one possibly does. Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Everyone is screaming integrity, but those who've admitted or has to been known to done something should be reprimanded with the same hate as well. Give Oakland their Superbowl, Give Pittsburgh their Superbowl. Vacate wins. Do it all!

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

You have other QBs saying that things are done to football, one that occurred in 2002 and was recounted in a story in 2012, you'd have thought the NFL would have taken more steps to controlling the footballs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...142642094.html

What about Aaron Rodgers possibly admitting to doing something to his balls?

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated | ProFootballTalk

Everyone is screaming integrity, but those who've admitted or has to been known to done something should be reprimanded with the same hate as well. Give Oakland their Superbowl, Give Pittsburgh their Superbowl. Vacate wins. Do it all!
    The officials likely did take air out of it.

They dropped the ball on this one. Either that or they're in on it. Who knows at this point. If the Patriots legitimately did this then they shouldn't be allowed to continue their season and they don't have a great reputation to back them up on this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Rich Gannon gets his ring after all.

Last edited by Prynce; 01-21-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast