Thread: NFL's Black Monday 2014

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL's Black Monday 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    smilie, make it so
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    recent scuttlebutt has it that Sparano will keep his job.
    As long as it means we get an OC that knows more running plays than straight up Wisnewski's ass... I can tolerate him a year to see if Reggie's gonna stick. No first time HC is going to want to come to a team with a GM on the hot seat knowing a new GM is going to want their guy.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    If a team is in a city long enough, where they add to the region with charities and growing the sport you're building loyalty. It's been mention that fandom is a silly thing and some of the reasons to be a fan can be superficial. However if you're a fandom is a family tradition it's been built up because they've been where they are for so long, and you might have a player(s) who represent better ideals then the team that you gravitate to more. Or you have a personal connection that's why, I met such and such a player at a charity and he actual took the time to talk to me ect ect... I think if you just picked a team randomly then fine, you have the choice to cheer for them or drop them on a whim because you have no real tie or connection to them. More often then not these days I find the young kids more fans of players as oppose to teams.

All sports team have one core belief, make money. They still do regardless of where they are and I'm sure the Raiders are still making money. So there you go, you can keep cheering them on.
    Making money is not my main goal for a team though. No one player galvanized me to the team. My ties to the Raiders as I said are through my father, who was 3,000 miles away when he became a fan, and remained a fan once he moved out here and the team moved to LA because location did not matter. It was the persona and the mindset of the team, the identity.

The reason I became a fan of the team in the first place is rapidly evaporating

A person will change their hairstyle based on what their personality is like in the present. Yeah you can wear a mullet/bowl cut for as long as you like, but when you want to ascend to that lofty managerial job and you know it gets in the way and isn't part of you any more then you get a princeton because that reflects you now. No one wants to be held to someone else's belief, then they aren't who they are. Al's gone, so Mark is going to do what Mark is going to do. Just like any other team who's moved on from a previous owner.
    Sure, and that same person loses friends and such because they've changed. They no longer hang out with their up until 2 beer drinking buddies. You're right teams change, like people, and just like friendships, allegiances change. Mark's entitled to do what he wants, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The personality of the Raiders has changed, and I'm not sure I want to be friends with them anymore. They aren't who they used to be.

I'm sure Robert Kraft's ideals and beliefs are different then Billy Sullivan's, and Patriots fans who had to go through the Boston era to the New England era is fine with where they are now.
    Probably but no one identifies the Patriots with Bob Kraft. Belichick, Brady, even concepts like cheating, but not so much Kraft. You can't compare most, if any teams, to the Raiders because of how unique they were. The Pats never had one brand, one leader, one image. They were just another team and I doubt they pulled much of anyone because of who they were and the identity they projected.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    This isn't SR, a little more respect for your fellow posters please.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    As long as it means we get an OC that knows more running plays than straight up Wisnewski's ass... I can tolerate him a year to see if Reggie's gonna stick. No first time HC is going to want to come to a team with a GM on the hot seat knowing a new GM is going to want their guy.
    that's where I'm kind of at. Suck ass we lost out on McCloughan though.

No idea what we can pull for OC.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Sorry a little slow on this...

Chicago Bears hire Ryan Pace

Chicago Bears hire Ryan Pace as general manager - ESPN Chicago

The Chicago Bears announced the hiring of Ryan Pace on Thursday as general manager, marking the club's second move at the position in three years.

Pace replaces Phil Emery, who was fired Dec. 29 after just three seasons at the helm.

Pace, 37, joins the Bears after working 14 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, spending the past 13 years as a member of the player personnel department. Pace worked two seasons for the Saints as director of player of personnel, leading the club in all facets of scouting and the evaluation of college and pro prospects.

Not sure what to think on that, but apparently Bowles is coming to CHI too.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Just shows that Chicago wants a complete shakeup and bringing in a fresh take, no known connections to the Bears which meant no Ballard. Bowles was sitting in Halas Hall waiting for his interview during the hiring of Ryan pace apparently. I think Pace will look for an offensive minded coach.

Mike Maccagnan gets a second interview with the Jets, no shocker as he spent time in Washington and Houston with Charley Casserly, which could mean Doug Marrone is a lock now or we get the Dan Quinn era.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Rex Ryan is out on the Bills, most likely destination is the Falcons or TV.

Buffalo moving quick for the Head Coach, looks to be Kyle Shanahan as many expect from the sudden separation from the Cleveland Browns. Buffalo may beat Oakland to the punch in hiring a new coach.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rex Ryan would at least have a regular season QB for once if he goes with ATL. "Wait, the QB doesn't throw to the other team? I never knew this!"
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

He's almost as elite as Joe Flacco.

Ryan's also apparently piqued SF's interest.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

No..

ATL Hires Rex Ryan
    SF Hires Vic Fangio
    BUF Hires Kyle Shanahan
    NYJ Hires Doug Marrone
    CHI Hires Dan Quinn
    OAK Hires Mike Shanahan

Fitz Pollard hires a lawyer

somehow I think Kyle follows Mike.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

They want to be the first father son coaching teams at the same time.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast