Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, & Kingdom

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, & Kingdom

With pick 45, The Detroit Lions select C Marcus Martin, USC

They've upgraded the cornerback position with the drafting of Gilbert in the first round and have a few other needs like defensive end or wide receiver, but for the most part they have a lot of talent at those positions with some of the offseason additions and previous drafts. The Lions look to add to their offensive line and tab a center with a lot of upside who is versatile to play at many different spots on the line, for now he'll be best as a starting guard but with Dominic Raiola being 35 years old, Martin is a logical choice to replace an aging veteran, regardless of how well he's playing in the late stages of his career.

Rookie ERA

With the 46th overall selection, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State

The Steelers lost Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery in the offseason but gained Lance Moore and Darius Heyward-Bey via free agency. Pittsburgh isn't done yet revamping the wide receiver position as they turn to Allen Robinson out of Penn State. Robinson has the size and athleticism to be a 'go up and get it' receiver that will work well with Ben Roethlisberger's ability to extend plays. The Steelers will likely look to upgrade their defense more in round three but Robinson was good value at this point in the draft.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 47th pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Terrence Brooks, FS Florida State

They need speed at Safety in the worst way possible. I might've stretched a bit on Brooks, and I actually considered his teammate Lamarcus Joyner here, but Brooks posted a blazing combine time, and his stock is rising into a solid 2nd rounder. I also think Corner is a deeper position in this draft than Safety, so they can grab a corner in the 3rd, especially with the way they're down on Morris Claiborne right now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With pick 48, the Baltimore Ravens select LB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State

- Not the biggest need, but with the safeties gone, it's worth the risk to take BPA here. I have Lawrence slightly ahead of Attaochu as the top guy on the board at this point, so he goes here. WR and S can be addressed later.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 49th pick, the New York Jets select WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State

The Jets seemed to have finally paid more attention to the offense. Signing Decker and Johnson will help, joining Chris Ivory. But they need a lot more. Beckham gives them that burner, a potential huge playmaker to throw the ball too. What this team really needed was a TE but the top remaining prospects aren't worth burning a 2nd rounder on. So enter a physical freak in the vein of Mike Evans, just without as much crazy hype. Benjamin is built like a DE or TE, and that size will be huge in the red zone given the lack of a quality TE. He could be Genoael Smithick's safety blanket to move chains/short yardage situations.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With pick #50 the Miami Dolphins select OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State

There are only two names we know for sure that will be starting on the Dolphins offensive line and that includes newly signed Branden Albert at left tackle and one of the greatest humans you'll ever come across, Mike Pouncey at center. That leaves both guard positions open and the right tackle in need of a true starter. This pick makes the most sense as the Dolphins didn't want to reach for a tackle after the big four were drafted ahead of their pick, it hurts even more because Zack Martin was destined to be a Dolphin until the Ravens screwed up their draft plans. Gabe Jackson has great size and raw power with nimble feet and surprising lateral agility, the Dolphins could wait later and look to pick up a pass rusher but if Ryan Tannehill is going to make that big jump this season he needs a steady line.

Rookie ERA

With the 51st overall selection, the Chicago Bears select Stephon Tuitt, DT, Notre Dame

The Chicago Bears have a major hole at the defensive tackle position after revamping their defensive line in the offseason. Gone are the likes of Corey Wootton, Julius Peppers, and Henry Melton. They've been replaced by Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston, and Willie Young, all of which will be rotating at defensive end. This leaves Stephen Paea, Jay Ratliff, and Nate Collins to fill the void for the interior line... not exactly setting the world on fire. Stephon Tuitt is type of player that the Bears could use at defensive tackle. He has the size and quickness to stop the run as well as rush the passer. Tuitt should really help shore up the defensive line but look for the Bears to possibly add one more depth player on the defensive line later in the draft to challenge Nate Collins.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 52nd pick, the Arizona Cardinals select Billy Turner, OG North Dakota State

He played LT for NDSU, but he's better suited for Guard. The Cards line was all kinds of awful last year, they could use help at every position across it, even with Cooper coming back [hopefully]. Turner is the top Lineman on my board right now, so he's the pick. I realize they could use a QB for the future, but I think it's plausible both Mettenberger and Savage are on the board they next time they come up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 53rd pick, the Green Bay Packers select Deone Buchanan, S, Washington State

- It may be a little high, and there's a ton of talent at WR on the board(and a TE or two I like quite a bit, and that may be their biggest need) but the Packers will go with the former Cougar here. Buchanan is probably more of a SS than a FS(which is a bigger need) but he's got good ball skills, he's great in run support, and he's a big hitter. I don't think the Pack could pass up this kind of talent in the second round.
    Last edited by Witlon; 05-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With pick 44, Philadelphia selects LB/DE Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech

The linebacking crop needed addressed immediately. It came down to Attaochu and Borland for this pick, but given the possibility that Borland might struggle in the 3-4 much like current inside linebacker Demeco Ryans, it was better value to grab Attaochu to bolster the outside position and improve on the pass rush. Philly has struggled to provide a consistent pass rush outside of Trent Cole. He's quick and athletic, and proved to be a big disruption in college on the field with his play.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With the 45th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select DE Kareem Martin, North Carolina

The Bengals let Michael Johnson walk away but draft Martin who certainly has the size and look of someone who could replace Johnson, but does lack some consistency and has questions regarding his desire and work ethic. Athletic, broad shoulder and long, Kareem Martin has the closing distance you want from a defensive end and could project to be as disruptive as Justin Tuck.

Rookie ERA

With the 56th overall selection, the San Francisco 49ers select Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State

The 49ers don't appear to have much for stability at the cornerback position with Tramaine Brock appearing to be the only one with a locked down starting position. Chris Culliver is a question mark off the field and nobody knows if Chris Cook or Eric Wright will step up. Lamarcus Joyner should provide the 49ers with a solid option at the nickel cornerback in his first year and give them another cornerback who will be signed beyond 2014.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 57th pick, the San Diego Chargers select Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

He's definitely got the size to match up with the bigger WRs in the league. And the Chargers' corners do not make for a pretty situation. I considered a couple other holes; an Offensive Guard [Dozier and Yankey] or an ILB [Borland], but I felt Corner was the bigger need, and I don't see SJB lasting much longer. Some late rumors that teams in the late 1st are looking at him... I think he's too unphysical for a guy with his size to be considered that high, but this late in the 2nd, it's a solid risk.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With pick 58, the New Orleans Saints select Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt.

- Corner is an obvious need, but I don't see any value at this spot...so New Orleans will go with Matthews, a potential long term replacement for Marques Colston as the Saints #1 WR. With Lance Moore gone, Matthews could step right in a join Kenny Stills as secondary options in the offense, and successfully replace Daron Sproles' 50 catches or so in 2013.
    Last edited by Witlon; 05-07-2014 at 06:59 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 59th pick, Indianapolis selects C Weston Richburg, Colorado State

The priority for the Colts should be protecting Andrew Luck and making sure he has enough weapons. Wayne returns, Allen returns, Nicks was signed as a nice risk high reward, Bradshaw was brought back, and TY Hilton keeps getting better. Weapons should be fine. Just need to protect him. In fact, you need someone to snap him the ball. Phil Costa retired, Samson Satellite got cut, so... yeah, need a center. Richburg is in competition to be the first center taken with Martin. Plus he has a mean streak and feels like a perfect fit to tag along with Luck for a decade plus.
    Ted

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast