Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, & Kingdom

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Mock Draft With Machinator, GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, and Kingdom

With the 30th pick, San Francisco selects WR Cody Latimer, Indiana University

There's a strong sense of De Ja Vu going on here as the 49ers need to strengthen their receiving unit. Aquan Boldin isn't getting any younger and outside of Michael Crabtree, Jonathan Baldwin isn't going to cut the mustard. San Francisco dips into the Big Ten again, two years after drafting AJ Jenkins with the 30th pick in 2012.

However Cody Latimer has more upside and athleticism then Jenkins, who was an obvious reach at the time. Latimer has great size, speed and agility with soft hands. He has the ability to create separation on a consistent basis and displays a tough, physical game which will help him go up against press coverage in the NFL.

Rookie ERA

Re: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, and Kingdom

With the 31st selection, the Denver Broncos select Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA

The Broncos have pushed all their chips in for the next two years to see a Super Bowl trophy in Denver. They'll elect to fill the hole left by Zane Beadles who departed in free agency with Xavier Su'a-Filo out of UCLA. Su'a-Filo is a pro-ready offensive guard who should be able to make an impact for the Broncos right away, which is something they desperately need on offensive line if they want to keep the 38 year old Peyton Manning healthy.
    Last edited by GridIronKing34; 05-04-2014 at 10:16 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 32nd selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Timmy Jernigan, DL Florida State

Great value, and another guy who can provide depth all along the line. A typical 4-3 DT, he should be able to transition to a 3-4 end, and a 3-4 nose in pass rushing situations. Until Aaron Donald's ridiculous combine, Jernigan was the unanimous number 1 DT on the board, and his game tape shows why.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 33rd selection, the Houston Texans select QB Derek Carr, Fresno State

- With the 4th quarterback in the draft falling, another Carr era begins in Houston in 2014. I'm not a huge, huge fan of Carr's ability against pressure(the USC game film was some of the worst stuff I've ever seen...), but he's certainly got an NFL arm, and should be able to get the ball to Andre Johnson and DeAndre Dropkins consistently.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 34th pick, the Washington Redskins select CB Bradley Roby, from Ohio State

There's multiple holes to fill, unfortunately, limited picks to do so. Washington was busy as ever this offseason, highlighted by the acquisition of Desean Jackson, Jason Hatcher, Ryan Clark and Tracy Porter. The Redskins need immediate help and given the age of the secondary and inconsistencies (i.e. Hall should be a nickel or slot CB), Roby will make a lot of sense in an effort to rebuild a porous defense. RGIII and Mike Shanahan took a lot of blame, but the defense was pretty terrible. Given the offensive capability of Dallas and Philadelphia, Washington needs a CB that can cover.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With Pick #35, The Cleveland Browns select RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State

Back to Back Buckeyes in the second round, and the Browns continue to revamp their offense. They've got a receiver, a quarterback and now their running back. Hyde is one of the bigger backs in the draft and happens to be the first 1,000 yard rusher in Urban Meyer's system. Good bulk with speed and the ability to break arm tackles because of his aggressive north/south running style. He is the power running back that the Browns had hoped for when they drafted Trent Richardson.

Rookie ERA

With the 36th overall selection, the Oakland Raiders select Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

The Raiders picked up their potential franchise quarterback in Johnny Manziel and now they look to fill the void that was left by Lamarr Houston who bolted for Chicago. Ra'Shede Hageman is a 6'6" monster at defensive tackle who combines his enormous size with great power and speed. Hageman should be able to create a strong rotation at defensive tackle with his ability to play both nose tackle and undertackle. Wide receiver Allen Robinson and linebacker Chris Borland were also taken into consideration at this pick.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, & Kingdom

With the 37th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select Dee Ford, DE/OLB Auburn

Great fit here. They need a true pass rusher, and after missing out on Clowney and Mack, they get the best remaining pass rusher in the draft. Could stand to put some meat on, but hes a natural at getting to the QB.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 38th pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select LB Kyle Van Noy, Brigham Young University.

- I toyed with the idea of going guard here, because I don't see the Bucs getting much from Carl Nicks in the future. Fortunately enough, there was another huge need at outside linebacker. Van Noy and Lavonte David will form one of the better OLB combos in the league, probably right away, and he should be a great fit for Lovie's cover-2.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 39th pick, Jacksonville selects OT Joe Bitonio, Nevada

I don't think it's worth burning a high pick on any remaining QB. Janeane Garofalo might end up being a good QB, he could be the next Tony Romo in terms of talent, or he could just be nothing. And Tom Savage, well, . Jacksonville needs to build up in the trenches before getting crazy and having a Blaine Gabbert Part Deux incident. They addressed the defensive line in the offseason, then drafted Mack in round one. Now it's time to further address the offensive line and eventually RB. Bitonio can either start at tackle or guard immediately. He will join Zane Beadles in revamping the offensive line. We briefly considered a WR but none of the remaining top wide outs impress us much.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With Pick #40, The Minnesota Vikings select S Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois

Harrison Smith spent a lot of time injured last year and the defensive backfield was one of the least inspiring in the NFL last season. Jimmie Ward is a smart player who puts himself in great position and knows how to use his angles. He's got a compact frame and is a fluid athlete who won't back down, he was highly productive in college. Although he is a shorter player he could be a solid starter as Glover Quinn of the Lions proved.

Rookie ERA

With the 41st overall selection, the Buffalo Bills select Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

The Bills re-signed Scott Chandler to a two year contract in the offseason, but Chandler certainly isn't your ideal long-term starter. Jace Amaro can provide Buffalo with the big bodied receiver who can attack the middle of the field in year one while allowing him to develop into a full time starter at tight end. Amaro still has a lot of work to do to develop his game but his ability to work the middle of the field will make him an appealing prospect to the Buffalo Bills.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 42nd pick, the Tennessee Titans select Jimmy Garoppolo, QB Eastern Illinois

Supposedly, Tennessee is strongly considering Derek Carr at 11. I don't see it, but I can see them taking a QB early. And if the draft falls as it does, Garoppolo is expected to go right in this area, I could see the Titans pulling the trigger here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 43rd pick, the New York Giants select Cyrus Kounandjio, Tackle, Alabama

- We can safely say that protecting Eli Manning needs to be a priority in this draft, right? Good. I'm not as high on Kouandjio as some are, but he has great size and should be able to be plugged in somewhere on the line right away, assuming he's healthy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 44th pick, St. Louis selects Ja'Wuan James, OT, from Tennessee

There's change on the line, Jake Long is hurt, and Rodger Saffold is..still Rodger Saffold. The 2nd pick was burned on the raw and overrated Greg Robinson, so additional line help is needed. RB was considered, however, Bishop Sankey profiles much like current starting RB Zac Stacy. But the rams need to protect Bradford and open up more lanes for Stacy and Cunningham to have any chance at competing in a very rough NFC West.
    Ted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast