Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, & Kingdom

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Mock Draft With Machinator, GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, and Kingdom

With the 15th picks the Pittsburgh Steelers select LB CJ Mosley, Alabama

The Steelers need help in the defensive backfield and defensive line, but do try to nab a rusher like Kony Ealy? They just missed out on one of the best cornerback prospects in Dennard and look to recoup and draft the best inside linebacker in the draft. Mosley was productive, he has a high football intelligence and was able to play a leadership role for the Crimson Tide. Mosley is also a two time all-American and Dick Butkus award winner.

Rookie ERA

Re: Mock Draft With GIK, Hammer, Schisno, Witlon, and Kingdom

With the 16th overall selection, the Dallas Cowboys select Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

The Cowboys lost Jason Hatcher to the Redskins this offseason and are in need of a new 3 technique defensive tackle as they continue to retool their 4-3 defense. Henry Melton was added to the roster during free agency to replace journeyman Nick Hayden at nose tackle. You can expect Donald to instantly start next to Melton as the Cowboys will have a completely new look at the interior defensive line. Donald is ranked the number one defensive tackle by practically all draft pundits due to his fantastic first step and tenacious pass rush. Donald should be able to have a major impact in his rookie season and possibly compete for Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    Last edited by GridIronKing34; 05-01-2014 at 10:18 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 17th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select Zack Martin, OT Notre Dame

Martin is rising up boards, some people even putting him on par with Matthews and Lewan. While I probably wouldn't go that crazy, the Ravens' weakspot last year was clearly the Offensive Line. They retained Monroe at LT, and still have Osemele and Yanda on the inside, but their RT options are bleak. I considered Calvin Pryor here to pair him next to Elam, but Martin is great value here, and turns last years weak spot, into something fairly strong if it stays healthy [and plugs in a potential starting Center in the 2nd or 3rd round].
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-02-2014 at 01:23 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 18th selection, the New York Jets select WR Odell Beckham, LSU.

- Okay, they added Eric Decker, that's a start. Geno and Vick still need more weapons, though, and Odell is constantly rising up draft boards with good film and even better workouts. Drafting him should take some pressure off of the QB position, and also some pressure off of Stephen Hill, who could thrive without the stigma of being "the future." I considered corner here, but they just used a pick in the first last year on Milliner, and the second round corners are pretty good, too. The value of the #3 WR in the draft class at 18 is too good to pass up.
    Last edited by Witlon; 05-02-2014 at 11:46 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 19th pick, Miami selects CB Kyle Fuller of Virginia Tech.

Miami's offensive line was a useful as a broken condom. And then you had internal drama. Time to completely reboot the system and rebuild the line. Except the good looking prospects at this position went by the way side fast. So looking at the mess in the secondary, their top corner is now... Cortland Finnegan. Basically, they have no corners. So they get a corner worth drafting at this position.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With the 20th selection Arizona Cardinals select S Calvin Pryor, Louisville

Arizona currently has Tony Jefferson (Undrafted last year) written in as a starter at one safety position, and Tyler Mathieu as the other. However the Honey Badger did injure both his MCL and LCL in December and leaves a hole in the secondary for the Cardinals. Calvin Pryor is the hardest and most violent hitter in the draft this year at safety and can help establish the tone in games for the Cards. However there is a strong possibility that Ryan Shazier could wind up at this spot, either way the Cardinals wait until round two for a Tom Savage or Zach Mettenberger.

Rookie ERA

With the 21st selection, the Green Bay Packers select Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State

The Packers elect to bring in an inside linebacker who offers some value at this point in ths draft. Green Bay's current starters, AJ Hawk and Brad Jones, have been widely disappointing along with the rest of the Packer defense. Ryan Shazier is a fanastic athlete with great range and burst with the ability to blitz, stop the run, and cover the pass. Shazier should be able to insert himself into the starting line-up instantly and provide some playmaking ability. The Packers also need a safety but you can expect them to address that need in round two or three if neither Pryor or Clinton-Dix falls into their laps.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 22nd pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State

For whatever story they wanna tell about why they dumped DeSean Jackson, he was an explosive receiver down the field, and in the return game. Cooks can be the same type of player, with more consistent hands and better route running [as they were being drafted]. I've heard that Philly wants a bigger receiver, but Maclin and Cooper both seem to fit that mold, I think they'd prefer a more explosive game breaker. They should consider a Corner or Safety as well, but with the big 5 off the board [Ha'Sean, Pryor, Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller], I think they go receiver over Verrett, who I see as more of a Nickel Corner than an every down guy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With pick 23, Kansas City selects WR Marquise Lee.

- Ideally, I'd prefer someone like Brandin Cooks here. Unfortuantely, he went a pick earlier to Philadelphia and he's off the board. Alex Smith had a decent season with a WR corps of DBowe and Donnie Avery, and Lee is pretty clearly an upgrade at the second WR spot. His game film is all over the place from what I've seen, though, and I would've loved to trade up a couple picks to secure Cooks(a run after the catch guy, since Smith doesn't throw the ball downfield that often) or trade down for a better value WR like Latimer or Jordan Matthews. Unfortunately, no trades mean best player available at a need spot.
    Last edited by Witlon; 05-02-2014 at 11:49 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 24th pick, Cincinnati selects CB Jason Verrett, TCU

Came down to drafting need and Verrett held more value. Most the CBs are old, in fact, one is Terrence Newman. Leon Hall is injury prone and Pacman is long overdue for an off field incident. Verrett gets knocked for his size, but is a very blue collar, strong work ethic character and was highly productive in college.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

With pick 25, The San Diego Chargers select DT Louis Nix

The Chargers could use a cornerback and I initially wanted to give them Verett until he was taken and Roby has some red flags that might warrant him slipping into the second round. So instead of reaching for a cornerback the Chargers fix another need at the defensive tackle spot by adding the highest rated defensive tackle on the board with Louis Nix.He is a big body with muscles and nimble feet, he's got good agility and definitely carriers his weight well. It's definitely a case of BPA filling a need, even if it's not as big as the one at corner.

Rookie ERA

With the 26th overall selection, the Cleveland Browns select Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

The Browns selected the unanimous number one receiver in the draft, Sammy Watkins, at their fourth overall selection. With their first round pick from the Trent Richardson trade, they haul in one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft. Teddy Bridgewater is a pro-ready quarterback who has the athletic ability that NFL teams covet nowadays. Bridgewater will insert himself into the starting line up with every chance to succeed with Sammy Watkins, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron among his weapons along with a very good offensive line.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 27th selection, the New Orleans Saints select Kony Ealy, DL Missouri

They could use some depth on the DL, and Ealy represents great value this late in the 1st. I see him being able to play a similar role to what former Mizzou lineman, Sheldon Richardson does for the Jets. And he has solid enough rush moves that he can stay on the field on 3rd downs, even if he moves inside to give the Saints the ability to put more rushers on the field.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 28th selection, the Carolina Panthers select Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia.

- The Panthers would be thrilled if the #4 offensive tackle and probable top 20 pick would fall to pick #28. They have a ton of needs at WR, but the offensive line should be the biggest focus, because without Cam being protected, they have no chance anyway.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 29th pick, New England selects TE Austin Sefarin-Jenkins from the University of Washington

Might be reaching but New England's offense requires more than one quality TE. Jenkins might be the best after Ebron and will give Gronk a quality reserve. Aside from Aaron Hernandez, the patriots have a history of doing well with hotheads and malcontents. Brady needs more weapons and he loves a good TE.
    Ted

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast