Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Season

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2012 NFL Season

Yes, well, because your first post was exactly that, you complaining about my criticism of your team's draft results, as though they ONLY start taking reaches in the 3rd round and therefore I would be overreacting in calling their draft a failure.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

the chargers won last night. won big... unfortunately its april. but still... the jets ripped out my soul, and the chargers reinvigorated it. got my sky blue mel ingram jersey on order already.

MLB ERA

Rofl, only mofo would read cynicism of my own team as me somehow praising them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sure, if by cynicism you mean the same mock anger that J Five used in his Reasons the Chargers won't win, except you can tell he was actually being a homer through the sarcasm.

Craig Davis: Couldn't break into starting lineup with Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates as a rookie. Bust.
    Jacob Hester: Slow, plodding, white. Cut him!

MLB ERA

If you say so. Nothing you post will negate the fact that I haven't been high on AJ in at least two years and I have never once in my life predicted Craig Davis (or Jacob Hester for that matter) to be a future star.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really liked Pittsburgh's draft. Hopefully Mike Adams finds his potential and keeps his head straight. Sean Spence pick really excites me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

when i was still paying attention... at about the end of the 5th round... i thought san diego and pittsburgh had the two best drafts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    If you say so. Nothing you post will negate the fact that I haven't been high on AJ in at least two years and I have never once in my life predicted Craig Davis (or Jacob Hester for that matter) to be a future star.
    It's not like the fact you weren't high on the draft picks ever precluded you from waiting for that breakout performance so you can bump up my posts like a douche would and act like you knew something about Davis' unrealized talent (or Hester's) that I didn't.

It's a good thing that I know a bust when I see one, or you would have been hell bent on making me look quite the fool.

MLB ERA

Are you saying that I would have been ecstatic had Davis proven to be a star even though I wasn't convinced he would be one? Of course I would have been, and why shouldn't I be?

Do you honestly root for James Loney to fail?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    when i was still paying attention... at about the end of the 5th round... i thought san diego and pittsburgh had the two best drafts.
    I like what Tampa did too, and I hope Tandy and Goode stick for them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Do you honestly root for James Loney to fail?
    You're confusing the objectivity of being down on a player who is evidently not good enough to hang at the major league/NFL level with the irrationality of rooting for said player to fail.

And nice try in changing the subject to Loney, as if he has been even close to being the flat out bust in baseball that Buster has been in the NFL.

MLB ERA

I'm not doing that at all. Obviously you want Loney to succeed but just don't think he will.

But is that objectivity going to prevent you from being happy about sudden success should it inexplicably come out of nowhere? Then why do you scoff at the notion that I would have been jubilant had Buster Davis actually succeeded?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm not doing that at all. Obviously you want Loney to succeed but just don't think he will.

But is that objectivity going to prevent you from being happy about sudden success should it inexplicably come out of nowhere? Then why do you scoff at the notion that I would have been jubilant had Buster Davis actually succeeded?
    How about instead of having to hope that Loney inexplicably hits 5 home runs in the playoffs, I demand that the Dodgers' front office fields a proper team that can legitimately contend every year? Which includes drafting a first baseman who isn't prone to hitting Little League soft ground outs?

Likewise, I have to scoff at the notion of Charger fans being excited about Craig Davis' chances at succeeding Vincent Jackson.

MLB ERA

There you go falsely attributing a fabricated opinion on me again. There is a world of difference between getting excited at a player's chances of success (which I never did with Craig Davis and you never did with Loney) and getting excited after the fact should it inexplicably happen (something I would have done if Davis did succeed and you'd no doubt do if Loney suddenly found a wealth of power).

As a side note, you must be losing your touch because suggesting that Chargers fans were excited about the prospect of Davis replacing Jackson makes absolutely no sense considering Davis was gone before Jackson left....or before it was even a possibility that he'd be gone.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There you go falsely attributing a fabricated opinion on me again. There is a world of difference between getting excited at a player's chances of success (which I never did with Craig Davis and you never did with Loney) and getting excited after the fact should it inexplicably happen (something I would have done if Davis did succeed and you'd no doubt do if Loney suddenly found a wealth of power).
    Except you would've been happy for Davis more so because even though you claim you never thought he would be a star, you're also no doubt bitter that I went out of my way to predict he would be a bust (which I was right).

As a side note, you must be losing your touch because suggesting that Chargers fans were excited about the prospect of Davis replacing Jackson makes absolutely no sense considering Davis was gone before Jackson left....or before it was even a possibility that he'd be gone.
    Davis was in line for a starting spot in 2010 after your egomaniac of a G.M. thought it would be great idea to stiff Jackson on his contract and lose him for 8 games.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast